Living Through History - COVID-19, Protests and Civil Rights Change
Folsom Historical Society’s mission isn’t specifically focused on current events but as a museum we are stewards of history and have the responsibility to realize and collect stories and material that is certain to impact our region for years to come. We are unable to predict how today’s current events will unfold but we are sure that what is happening today will shape all our futures. We can’t go back and ask past Folsom residents how they felt sheltering in place in 1918 during the Spanish Flu, the uncertainty of 1930 or the radical changes during the Civil Rights movement in the 1950s and 60s but we can ask how you are experiencing similar situations now. Your personal stories today will be the lessons your great-grandchildren will learn from and take comfort in and on a larger scale, will be how this history-making period will be remembered.
While we are located in Folsom, we are open to and welcome responses from people all over. Responses will eventually be shared for educational purposes but will not have defining information attached such as last names or places of work. Questions are not meant to be leading but as suggestions to prompt thought. If there is something else you would like to share that is not specifically covered by a question, please feel free to do so.
Please answer as many of the following questions as possible in as much detail as you would like and include your name, age and where you live. Please send us any photos of empty streets, closed businesses, protests, signs, daily life, relevant social media posts/trends, poetry or any other artistic expression you would like to share as it relates to the pandemic, protests, or other current events. You can share those photos or other images via email to
If you have physical materials you think should be saved and remembered, please also email
to make drop off arrangements.
What is your name? Age? (Not required)
Are you a Folsom resident?
1. What was your initial reaction when you first heard of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
2. Did you think COVID-19 (Coronavirus) would impact your or your family?
3. How has it impacted you or your family so far? (Jobs, physical health, mental health, separation from loved ones, finances, daily life, education, major events, spending/shopping habits, freedom, etc.)
4. Since the shutdown of Sacramento County (or other location), what does your average day look like?
5. How have news channels/social media impacted your view of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
6. What was your initial reaction to local protests?
7. How have local protests impacted your daily life? (Work, mental health, worldview, political standing, personal relationships, etc.)
8. How has recent social/cultural change impacted your daily life? (Work, mental health, worldview, political standing, personal relationships, etc.)
9. How have news channels/social media impacted your view of the protests/changes?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service