APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED LATE WILL BE ADDED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE WAITING LIST IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY WERE RECEIVED. STUDENTS LIVING IN THE ATTENDANCE AREA OF THE SCHOOL THEY WISH TO ATTEND DO NOT NEED TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN ATTENDING A DIFFERENT SCHOOL AS THE RESULT OF A PREVIOUS SCHOOL OF CHOICE APPLICATION AND NOW WANT TO RETURN TO THEIR HOME SCHOOL. 1. Complete all of the information on the application. All applications must be submitted online by the date listed below in order to be considered for openings. Late applications will be placed at the bottom of the school's waiting list.
2. If you are selected for the school of your choice, you will be notified by mail.
3. Once a parent accepts placement in a school of choice, the spot vacated at the neighborhood school will be given to another student. It is expected that students will complete a full year at the school of choice.
4. Once the student has been accepted, he/she may attend the school of choice for the duration of his/her high school years without reapplying. A student may expect to continue attendance at that school unless the student does not meet published school expectations for attendance and tardiness.
5. If a transfer from the school of choice is requested at any time, this request must be put in writing and submitted to the principal at the school of current attendance. The request must include a reason for the transfer consistent with the academic and/or co-curricular goals of the student. The principal will render a decision based upon the best academic interests of the student. The parent may appeal the decision to the Director of Secondary Education.
6. If you are not selected for the school of your choice, you will be placed on a waiting list for possible enrollment at a future date. If not accepted for the current year, you must reapply for the following school year.
7. Transportation is provided for those special education students whose Individual Education Plan requires it.
8. High school athletes must consider C.I.F. and Marmonte League regulations regarding transfers. State law specifically prohibits transfers based on athletic reasons.
Grade: Please indicate the grade level the student will be in during the year this transfer is being requested.
Home School: The school designated as your neighborhood school of residence. (If uncertain, please check at your school office.)
School of Choice: The school you wish your child to attend.