2020-2021 East Ohio Conference Racial-Ethnic Merit Scholarship
The East Ohio Racial-Ethnic Merit Scholarship is administered by the Conference Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry, which awards scholarships to minority, racial ethnic students (Native American, Asian American, Black American or Hispanic American) based upon merit (GPA of 3.0 or higher). The Board will award up to one (1) $5,000 scholarship. This is a one year scholarship, yet a student may apply each year of their schooling. Notification of scholarship awards will be made no later than March 16, 2020. (Please do not call the office).
Questions concerning the East Ohio Racial-Ethnic Merit Scholarship should be directed to Kaye Wolfinger at 800-831-3972 Ext. 116 or e-mail
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IF TYPED OR SUBMITTED ONLINE
1. The student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (Email Transcript).
2. The student must be an active member of a United Methodist Church in East Ohio, or a historically related church in East Ohio. The student must be accepted to or attending a UMC or historically related institute of higher learning for the 2020-2021 college year.
3. Each student applicant must be recommended by a local United Methodist Church or a historically related church in East Ohio. The Administrative Board Recommendation Form found on our website (
) should be given by the student to their local church Administrative Board/Council. The form is to be filled out by church officers and returned to the student. It is strongly encouraged that the final paper be shared with the Administrative Board/Council which is recommending the student.
4. The Student Application form MUST be completed by the student and not by a third party (such as parent). Attention and care should be given to spelling, punctuation, correct grammar and coherent content. It is recommended that the applicant request conversation and mentoring with their pastor or church lay leader as they create their essay.
5. All materials (Transcripts, Essay, Letter/s of Recommendation, Admin Board Recommendation) should be emailed to
, or sent by postal mail to East Ohio Racial-Ethnic Merit Scholarship, Attn: Kaye Wolfinger, 8800 Cleveland Avenue N.W., P.O. Box 2800, North Canton, Ohio 44720, postmarked no later than March 16, 2020. (There are NO exceptions to this deadline, please do not ask).
6. The student MUST submit ALL material for the application to be considered. A complete application will include:
• Student Application Form – with all sections completed within this form.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Email Transcript. (
• Administrative Board Recommendation Form (
• A personal letter of recommendation from a pastor or lay person
(who is not a relative) who knows you well which states:
a) The length of time you’ve known the applicant
b) How you have worked/related with the applicant
c) Why you feel the applicant is deserving of a scholarship.
Page 1 of 7
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service