Application: CanAsian Dance 25! - New Moves - Short Digital Dance Works
Propose something you are curious about pursuing as a starting point for a short new dance film. Tell us a burning question or an idea, and an approach to creating that will be generative in your research and dance-making.
• Propose a question/idea for a short, 3 - 5 minute digital dance work.
• Integrate an Asian-based idea or practice*
• Open to dance creators from emerging to mid-career, whose choreography has not been presented or commissioned by CanAsian Dance.
• Open to residents of Canada of all races and cultural backgrounds.
Successful Applicants will Receive
• A fee to help cover research & creation.
• A digital presentation as part of our CanAsian 25 online festival in March 2022.
• A screening fee.
• 10 hours of dramaturgy and a facilitated feedback session.
* ‘Asian-based ideas and practices’ are broad terms and we interpret them liberally. Think philosophically, mathematically, astronomically, ancestrally, geo-politically, paradigmatically, poetically, personally, behaviourally, socially or critically. Consider power, processes, systems, structures, stories, objects and/or actions. Tell us about your experience, investment, practice with these ideas and practices. Integrate them with respect and perspective.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday August 2nd 2021
Short Biography (maximum 200 words)
Provide a proposal for the new work that fulfills the criteria above (maximum 300 words)
Please include a Vimeo or Youtube link of recent work. Identify title, credits, cueing notes, password if applicable, and include a short statement on how it represents your proposed work.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service