3. Statement about my extenuating circumstances
In your ‘Statement about my extenuating circumstances’ you should cover:
- What your extenuating circumstances are including the relevant dates.
- How the extenuating circumstances affected your performance or prevented you from attending or submitting work on time.
- Why the circumstances are unforeseen and outside your control.
- The steps you took to address the extenuating circumstances at the time (e.g. seeing a doctor/ counsellor, seeking support through relevant agencies).
NOTE : A longer statement does not increase the chances of your case being accepted and may make it difficult for the reviewers to identify the key elements in your case. Please keep your statement within 250 words.