Each year the TC Music Boosters provides a number of $350 scholarships to TCAPS Music students in grades 6 – 11. These scholarships can be used for private lesson study or attendance at an approved summer music camp. Scholarships will be awarded based on the student's application and audition.
1. Students must have submitted their online application by WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16th.
2. Students desiring to audition MUST be in a TCAPS music group this year and MUST be returning to the TCAPS music program next year. Pianists are eligible to audition as long as they are enrolled in a TCAPS performing group and accompany a group upon request of the director.
3. Students will be asked, due to time, to skip repeats in the music. If in doubt, check with your teacher. Staff may ask student auditionees to stop singing/playing if enough listening time has elapsed to make an evaluation of the student’s skills—students should not be offended if asked to stop playing or singing.
4. Auditionees will be allotted four minutes (including entering, performing, and leaving). Specific audition times will be posted. Students should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their scheduled audition time.
5. Students in need of accompanist services should check with their music teacher and read the statement on the application form.
6. Scholarships will be awarded for exemplary auditions, as well as for merit and potential. First consideration will be given to students who have not previously received a Music Boosters Scholarship. Previous Music Boosters Scholarship recipients are still eligible to audition.
7. Adjudicators will be selected from the TCAPS music faculty. Decisions of the adjudicators are final. The only people allowed into the audition room will be the adjudicators, the auditioning student and his/her accompanist.
8. Recipients of the Music Boosters Scholarships will be notified through their music instructors.
9. Reimbursements for all scholarships will be made after July 1st.
Auditions Dates and Locations
Central High School and East Middle School -Band Thursday, January 31 East Middle School-Band & Orchestra RoomsOrchestra Thursday, January 31 Central High School – Orchestra RoomVocal Thursday, January 31 Central High School – Choir Room
West Middle School and West Senior High School -Band Wednesday, February 6 West Senior High - Band RoomOrchestra Wednesday, February 6 West Senior High - Orchestra RoomVocal Wednesday, February 6 West Senior High – Choir Room
STUDENTS are ultimately responsible for their preparation!
Contact your student’s music teacher or the Music Office at 933-6984 for additional information.