The Green Gram: A Community Refill Shop for Fordingbridge
With concern growing over single use plastics, refill shops are increasing in popularity. We would like to open a community refill shop in Fordingbridge which not only addresses this immediate problem but invests in projects which benefit the local community.
The shop will be run as a social enterprise and will offer eco-friendly detergents and toiletries, as well as food products and household goods. Customers bring their own containers and products are weighed directly into them, eliminating the need for single use packaging. This also allows the customer to buy as little or as much as they need.
This questionnaire is the first step towards opening a shop. We need to know your views on what might be provided and what would receive your support. Please be as honest and realistic as possible in your answers! Your response will be treated in confidence. It is entirely anonymous unless you wish to add your name at the end.
The results of this survey will be published and presented to a public meeting when the proposal can be discussed further.
We would also like to hear from you if you feel you could help in any way. There will be a wide range of tasks, from the initial set up of the project to managing the enterprise and being involved in the day-to-day practical operation. This kind of venture has been successfully elsewhere, including locally at Woodgreen, set up with the support of the charity Plunkett Foundation (
). Will our town be home to the next one? If you wish to speak directly to someone about this project, please contact:
Jo Anderson at
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
1) If a new refill shop were opened in Fordingbridge, how often would you or any member of your household use it?
2-3 times a week
Once a week
Once a fortnight
Not at all
2) Which day(s) of the week would you be most likely to use the shop? [please tick any that apply]
3) At what time of day would you be likely to use the shop? [please tick any that apply]
10am - 12noon
12noon - 2pm
2pm - 4pm
4pm - 6pm
4) How do you currently shop most often?
If not online, please enter which TOWN you most visit in 'Other'
5) Which shop do you currently use most often (either in-store or online)
6) Which products would you be most likely to buy from the new refill shop? [please tick any that apply]
Dried goods (pasta / rice / flour / sugar / cereals etc.)
Beans & pulses
Dried nuts & fruits
Tea & coffee
Savoury snacks, sweets & chocolate
Herbs & spices
Oils & vinegars
Laundry detergents & cleaning products
Personal hygiene (soap / shower gel / shaving / dental / sanitary products)
7) Which of the following are most important to you? [please tick three]
8) Would you or anyone in your household be interested in helping a community shop project in any way by:
Joining the steering group
Helping with fundraising
Be involved in running the shop / volunteering
Making a donation
Buying a share
Making a loan
Providing professional advice/services (please enter details in Other)
9) If you ticked any of the options in the previous question, or would like us to get in touch with you about any developments, please provide your name and email address here
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service