Skin Fair will take place from Friday, March 13, through Sunday, March 29. The fair will be open to all skin (male/female/child), makeup, tattoo, mesh body attachment designers who create their own products. It is okay if you use legally sourced templates but there must be visible changes to the templates to make them your own unique design. Please read this note in its entirety so that you are certain as to whether or not you should apply for a store at the event.
**EVENT DATES: March 13 - March 29, 2014
1) You must make your own skins or visibly alter templates to make them your own. (We reserve the right to reject your application if we notice that your skins look exactly like or very similar to known templates.)
2) Designers are required to create 3 new and exclusive items for the event. (Eyes are allowed in the event, but must not be your ONLY product.)
*EXCLUSIVE ITEM - an item that is not for sale anywhere else during the time of the event and has never been sold by you or given away by you previously. It must be new.
3) This event is a skin fair and as such, all items in your store must be skin related. Makeups, tattoos, and eyes are allowed, as well as attachables such as mesh feet, hands, heads, bodies (etc); appliers for Lolas, etc. If you have a question about whether or not something is allowed, please ask an event coordinator. Decorating the inside of your store is allowed but any prims used to decorate your store will count toward your prim limit.
4) Everyone must be set up by Sunday, March 8, at 9 AM SLT in order to give bloggers some time to get working on all of the new releases.
* Bloggers will have access to the event from March 8-11.
5) On March 12th, early access will be granted to the Skin Fair update group, as well as the Sponsors' business groups.
6) Designers must stick to their prim limit. If you go over, we will decide what needs to be returned. Please keep a strict count on your prims. (You will be able to purchase additional prims if desired at the time of set up)
7) Only members who are in good standing will be allowed to place items on the sim(s). A non-refundable* fee will be charged to each person for their store and is payable upon approval of the application. Acceptance and invites to the event will be sent out by January 18, 2015. All money is due by January 25, 2015, at the latest. If you have not paid your store fee by this date, you will not be permitted to participate in the event and your store will be given to the next person on the waiting list.
*Refunds may be given in extreme circumstances and are up to the discretion of the event organizers. HOWEVER no refunds will be given after February 10th for any reason.
***Do NOT send any booth fees until you have been accepted, upon which instructions will be given on how to pay fees.
8) You will need space for 2 groups. Only members of these groups will be permitted on the sim(s) during set up times.
9) All prims must be located on the inside of your store. We will place your logo on the outside. Large billboards will be available for rent at the time of set up.
10) No scripts are to be used. This includes all networked vendors. NO caspervend, bsm, hippovend, eV2 etc. The ONLY script allowed is a simple split script if needed. Please do not place scripted subscribos, group joiners, note givers, or landmark givers in your store. These will be returned. It is possible for you to give notecards and landmarks by placing the items in a box and setting the box for sale for 0L. No hover-texts will be tolerated.
11) To help cut down on lag, we ask that all items placed in your store be set to phantom if possible.
12) Because we want the sim(s) to be open to everyone on SL, it will be PG. This means all vendors must have private parts covered and there should be no photos of anything obviously sexual in nature.
ONLY WAITLIST IS AVAILABLE
**STORES AND PRICES:
Prices for stores are as follows:
Small Store - 75 prims - 3,000L
Medium Store - 125 prims - 5,000L
Large Store - 250 prims - 10,000L
Landing Point Locations: (FULL)
Small Store (near the landing point) - 75 prims - 15,000K
Medium Store ( near the landing point) - 125 prims - 17,500L
Large Store (near the landing point) - 250 prims - 20,000L
Stores are filled on a first paid first served basis. The remainder of the stores available for the event will be scattered throughout the rest of the sim. We believe the sim design will allow for every booth to be seen very well. There are no "bad" spaces. There are a limited number of each type of store. If we have too many applicants, you will be placed on a waiting list in the order you signed up. We will try to accommodate you as much as possible but with the number of skin and makeup designers that SL has, it will be difficult to make everyone happy. We do realize this and we would like to apologize in advance if you do not get the exact placement that you hoped for.
--SPONSOR-- 10,000L (FULL)
Open to any established business (store, service, blog etc) within SL
What you will receive as a sponsor of the event.
1) Your (512 x 1024) logo/billboard is placed at the landing point where it will receive traffic from everyone tping into that sim. You will be allowed to place a script in your logo/billboard that will either do ONE of these things: join a specific group, give an LM, link to blog or MP….your choice.
2) Your (square 512 x 512) logo placed on all promotional material for the event.
3) Your name listed as a sponsor in all press releases.
4) Your personal business group invited to a 1 day early access. (This is a great way to promote your group and gain some extra members!)
Sponsorship is on a first come first served basis. If you are ONLY interested in a sponsorship but not interested in being a regular Skin Fair participant, please contact Kira Paderborn directly. If you want to participate in Skin Fair as a vendor and also have interest in being a sponsor, please fill out the application as normal.
--EVENT PARTNER-- 90,000L (FULL)
(only 1 available)
For those who are looking for a high visibility sponsorship and open to any established business (store, service, blog etc) within SL.
1) Brand name and website URL shown on the region title.
2) Logo (with URL link) prominently displayed on The Pale Girl Productions website as an event partner from time of payment until April 1st.
3) Logo and/or landmark and/or website URL prominently featured on all promotional materials.
4) 2 special kiosks, centrally located, for you to promote/sell a sampling of your wares. (25 prim limit)
5) Your personal business group invited to a 1 day early access.
Event Partners do NOT have to be skin designers, HOWEVER, the event partner must offer one new item that will tie into the event. You are welcome to collaborate with a skin/makeup/tattoo/mesh body maker to help incorporate your items with a skin event.
If you are ONLY interested in the Event Partner but not interested in being a regular Skin Fair participant, please contact Kira Paderborn directly. If you want to participate in Skin Fair as a vendor and also have interest in being an event partner, please fill out the application as normal.
We will not accept applications from anyone who has a DMCA filed against them until it is resolved. If you have filed a DMCA against someone because you believe that they have stolen your copyrighted work, and you notify us, we can remove their items from the event The event organizers have the right to refuse any persons to enter our events, either into the venues or to participate. This includes the right to remove designers who have already been approved for the event if we feel it is necessary. Before we remove anyone from the event, we will try to resolve the issue. Where applicable, any fees that have been paid for the event will be refunded.
If you have any questions please contact either Kira Paderborn or Voshie Paine
To apply for a store please visit the following web address and complete the application form.