B. INGGERIS PEMAHAMAN (SECTION A: SET 4)
PN. SITI NOR FATHIAH BINTI ZULKAFLI
SK(P) METHODIST 2 MELAKA
1. Maria's mother _______________ her sister have gone to shop for a new dress for Maria.
2. I told my sister not to meddle _______________ my belongings.
3. The lifeguard _______________ into the sea and saves the drowning woman as the people watched in awe.
4. Sameera is _______________ than her evil stepsister.
5. The train _______________ delayed as the tracks were flooded after the heavy downpour last night.
Choose the most suitable proverb.
6. "Munirah, it is better to start working on your Science project, even if you are one week behind time, than not to start it at all. Remember, __________________________," said Jerry.
make hay while the sun shines
a burnt child dreads the fire
better late than never
look before you leap
Questions 7 - 9
Choose the word that has the similar meaning with the word in brackets.
10. Nordin loves visiting the countryside because it is (peaceful).
Choose the sentence with the correct punctuation.
My father said, "I will be arriving early this weekend."
My father said, "I will be arriving early this weekend".
My Father said "I will be arriving early this weekend".
My father said, "I will be arriving early this weekend?".
Questions 12 - 15
Choose the correct answers.
16. Dr. Shanti is a paediatrician who ___________________________________.
lives in Kuala Lumpur
works in an orphanage five days a week
specialises in treating babies and children
provides health care services for the aged and elderly
17. Which word in the passage shows that Dr. Shanti puts in a lot of effort and energy towards her work?
18. What does Dr. Shanti do on most weekends?
She looks after newborns at the hospital.
She gives lectures at a medical university.
She works at Kuala Lumpur General Hospital.
She visits orphanages and provides medical services for free.
19. The phrase people are 'busy accumulating wealth' means people are ____________________________.
busy doing their work
increasing their riches
becoming more health-conscious
20. We can emulate Dr. Shanti in making a difference in the world by _______________________________.
obtaining a medical degree
putting in more hours at work
educating the youth on social issues
volunteering our services to those who are less fortunate
This form was created inside of Ministry Of Education Malaysia.