Performances which include cultural appropriation, racism, sexism, or other themes of oppression and marginalization will not be selected.
APPLICATION PERIOD: August 5 to September 31, 2019ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION DATE : October 31st, 2019. EVENT DATE: May 14-16, 2020 (* NOTE: This application is a duo application for our Friday Competition and Saturday Showcase shows. Performers will be placed according to show format needs/act themes, etc.)Location: Theater Guild of Ancón, Panama City, Panama.
EARLY BIRD (AUG 5 - 12) - $10.00 (POC PERFORMERS APPLY AT NO COST FROM AUG. 5-12, 2019)REGULAR (AUG 13 - SEPT 13) - $15.00LATE BIRD (SEPT 14 - 30) - $20.00
TO BE PAID VIA PAYPAL. *PANAMA BASED PERFORMERS DO NOT NEED TO PAY THE APPLICATION FEE*
2. Please fill out your application form and then send payment to: paypal.me/panamaburlesquefest (Sandra Sanz).
Please send an email to: email@example.com with your payment confirmation stating:1) Your Performer name2) Subject: "PBF 2020 Application Fee / Performer Name"3) High resolution JPEG labeled with your performer name (EXAMPLE: BettieBoobs.jpeg)
*** YOU MAY SUBMIT UP TO 2 SOLO OR GROUP ACTS ***
Please follow instructions and complete your application:
1) Please fill out the required fields below.
2) Your high resolution picture will be used to promote you on our website, posters, flyers, with press and online. If you do not have high resolution pictures please submit the best photo you have but be aware that the image may not be able to be used in some media.
3) Please include/describe at least (2) acts that you would like to present at the festival, as well as ALL technical details (please take into consideration that several acts will be performed each night, so please try to keep tech requirements simple).
4) ALL PERFORMERS MUST INCLUDE A VIDEO OF THE ACTS THEY ARE SUBMITTING. When submitting a video URL, please make sure it is not password protected, and will not expire. Please consider easy sharing sites like YouTube or Vimeo. If you have no videos, please try to get one made for this application.
5) TRAVEL COSTS: Panama Burlesque Festival does not cover any travel, lodging or performer expense, unless specified within your acceptance email or agreements (in the case of Featured Performers, Host and Headliners.)
6) ACT LENGTH: NOT TO EXCEED 5 MINUTES.
7) LIMITATIONS: Full nudity is not permitted, FULL NUDITY IS NOT PERMITTED. YOU MUST WEAR PASTIES AND G-STRINGS. NO FIRE OR AERIAL ACTS ARE PERMITTED AT THE PBF VENUE (The Theatre Guild of Ancon is a historical venue made out of wood). THE USE OF WATER, GLITTER, POWDER OR ANY OTHER MESSY, LIQUID OR EASILY AIRBORNE SUBSTANCE IS DISCOURAGED BUT WILL BE DEALT WITH ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS.
8) LIGHTING: Venue lighting is LIMITED, so please be aware that we may not be able to accommodate very technically specific requests or performances that require special color gels, very technical lighting effects or extreme follow spots. We are able to accomplish what's required for a great show with the current lighting package available and have the normal range of colors, fades and a selection of specials we can use to great effect.
9) CONTENT WARNING: Although this is a nightlife entertainment, we also embrace controversial topics and social critique performances. Please make sure to include in your notes any important details about your act and things the audience can expect from it.
10) At PBF we embrace performers of all racial, sexual and gender identities. We expect our performers and staff to behave professionally, and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully before submitting a concept for consideration.