* If you are seeking a position, please be aware of required functions / time away from your program (noted below).* Complete this form and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm EST, 5/31/19.* Submit a Letter of Recommendation - Residents must obtain this from your Program Director or Assistant PD - Students should obtain one from a FM dept. faculty member or advisor.
The LOR should speak to the qualities that would make you an effective leader, your interest & involvement in family medicine / leadership roles to date and a willingness to support your requests for time off to attend meetings. The NCAFP is aware they cannot guarantee granting time off but there should be a willingness to consider your requests for time away from clinic/rotations/classroom to fulfill your obligations.
Meeting dates for all positions have not been confirmed for Dec. 2019 - Dec. 2020; however what is known is listed. Specific time / days will be available at least 4 months prior to meeting - in most cases more notice than that will be provided.
Academy Board of Directors: DIRECTOR-ELECT - 1 student & 1 resident position - 2 year term, 12/2019-12/2021.
1) NCAFP Annual Mtg, Asheville, Sunday Dec. 8, 2019 - 8am - 11:30am2) Spring 2020 Board Meeting, TBA - typically a Fri/Sat in April in the Charlotte area.
3) AAFP National Conference for Students & Residents in KC, MO: July 30 - Aug. 1, 2020 - Note: must be onsite no later than late Thurs. am to attend opening Congress session and stay thru Sat 1:00 pm for the final Congress session. Since NCAFP funds this position, delegate duties take priority over recruiting for your residency program. Residents can do both, but recruiting cannot supersede delegate responsibilities.
4) Summer/Fall Board mtg, likely in conjunction with the Foundation's FM Gala fundraiser - 8/22 or 8/29/2020 (Raleigh)5) NCAFP Annual Mtg, December 3 - 6, 2020 (Thurs afternoon thru Sun noon required)
FOUNDATION BOARD OF TRUSTEES (2 positions for students / 2 for residents - 1-year term, 12/2019-12/2020):
1) Spring 2020 Board Meeting, TBA - typically a Fri/Sat in April in the Charlotte area. 2) NCAFP Annual Mtg, December 3 - 6, 2020 (Foundation meets Fri 12/4 - morning)
COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVE (3 positions students / 3 for residents, 1 each per committee. 1-year term, 12/2019 - 12/2020). Meets twice yearly plus a likely conference call. For more detailed committee descriptions please refer to https://www.ncafp.com/about-ncafp/mission-vision-goals/
1) Spring 2020 Board Meeting, TBA - typically a Fri/Sat in April in the Charlotte area. 2) NCAFP Annual Mtg, December 3 - 6, 2020 (Committee schedule varies, they meet anytime between Thurs 12/3 and Saturday 12/5 - schedule will be available at least 4 months out).
Please direct questions to Tracie Hazelett, Mgr., Medical Student & Residency Relations at 919-980-5357 or via email@example.com