Indiana State Delegate
Thank you for your interest in serving as a State Delegate. This is a temporary position and duties of delegates end on the day of the State Convention.
Here are some information about the role and responsibilities of a delegate:
1. State delegates are either elected on the May 5, 2020 primary ballot or by appointment after the primary by the county chair (if vacancies exist).
2. During the 2020 State Conventions, state delegates will elect statewide candidates (such as Attorney General), pass the party’s platform, and elect the delegates to the party’s National Convention.
3. After you get elected or appointed as a state delegate, National Convention Delegates will most likely contact you to meet or talk over the phone to garner your support.
There are two requirements to consider before applying:
1. You must demonstrate your affiliation to that party (voted in a primary for a Republican/ Democrat or registered as a Republican/Democrat).
2. You must attend the State Conventions for the party you are filing for:
- Democratic Convention on June 13 in Indianapolis downtown.
- Republican Convention on June 6-7 in Fort Wayne.
Although the filing deadline was on February 7, 2020, some counties still have vacancies and County Chairs are appointing people on a first come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in serving as a state delegate, please complete this form and we will be in touch with you.
Have questions? email us at
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Party you are interested in serving:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Indiana Muslim Advocacy Network.