This event is an opportunity for any members of the UMD campus community who have been affected by disabilites to share their stories and experiences with others, as part of Disability Awareness Month. CART closed captioning will be provided. If you are interested in sharing a story, please read below for a few things to keep in mind:
- The event will occur on Thursday, October 22nd, from 6-7 PM. Due to time constraints, we ask that all stories be kept to a length of 5-7 minutes. You must be in attendance to speak.
- This is not intended to be an oral history project, so there is no need to try and squeeze your entire life story into this time frame. You may do so if you wish, however.
- Instead, consider sharing a compelling anecdote about a situation (or multiple) that you've experienced, which might give listeners insight into what it is like to live in your shoes.
- The anecdote does not have to be about you (it can be about someone else in your life), but please be aware that, due to the nature of this event, those sharing anecdotes about themselves will be given priority.
- Unfortunately, filling out this form does not automatically guarantee that you will be able to speak at the event, as the "lineup" will be determined on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please email our event host, Adith Thummalapalli, at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions! You will be contacted via email with the approximate time you will be speaking on the day of the event. Please share with all your friends and family, all are welcome to attend, not only members of the UMD community!