Thank you for volunteering for the Homer Community Festival! Below is some important information you should know about volunteering at the Fest!
All volunteers should arrive promptly at the beginning of their shift. Volunteers will be required to park along with participants. If you are volunteering for a shift during prime event hours, please realize it may take time for you to park and get into the event, please plan accordingly.
Upon arrival for your volunteer shift please check in at the information tent near the entrance to the entertainment tent. You will need to sign in, and will be given directions at that point. All volunteers will be given a t-shirt and name tag which is to be worn at all times during a volunteer shift. If you plan to stay and enjoy the event after your shift, please bring along another shirt, the volunteer shirts should only be worn during your shift.
We only have a small non-secured area for personal belongings to be stored, so please leave valuables at home and plan accordingly.
If you have any allergies or medical conditions please be sure to include those on the attached form, and make any major concerns known to your supervisor upon check in.
Water and snacks will be provided to volunteers. Please be sure to stay hydrated and to dress appropriately for the weather and for being on your feet for long periods of time. Flip flops and sandals are not recommended. Please remember to wear sunscreen and stay hydrated!
Linsey Sowa and Chris Locacius are the 2017 volunteer coordinators, so please see either of them throughout the event if you have any questions or concerns. You will meet one of us upon your arrival at the information booth to check in.
If something comes up and you need to change your shift before you arrive please contact Linsey at 708.299.5878 on June 22-25th. If you know prior to June 22 that you need to adjust your schedule please call Linsey at 708.301.0522. If you need to leave during your shift for some reason, please notify Linsey or Chris. Emergency staff is on site in case of any illness or incident.
Additional Information for Volunteers under 18 and their parents/ Guardians:
• Parents are welcome to volunteer with their children. Those under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian during their volunteer shift.
• A small driveway is available off 151st street for those who will be being dropped off. No parking will be allowed in this spot.
• Cell phones should only be used while volunteering in case of emergency.
• You are at this event to volunteer, riding of carnival rides, playing of carnival games, and socializing with friends for elongated periods of time will not be tolerated. Volunteers who are not working during their shift will not have their service hour sheet signed for verification of hours. Parents, please help us in reminding your kids that they are here to serve their community, plenty of fun can be had at the carnival one a shift is over!
• Please keep in mind that in case of inclement weather you should be available to pick up your child from the event in a prompt manner. During an emergency situation all volunteers will be moved to the Homer Township Highway Department Garages, located near the football fields, north of the carnival area.
• Linsey is available for contact in case of emergency during the event at 708.299.5878.
Please fill out the attached forms. Those under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign. This form must be brought with you to the festival in order to volunteer, the waiver must be signed.
Linsey SowaHomer Township ClerkHomer Community Fest Co-ChairOffice: (708)firstname.lastname@example.org