WickerICE Stick & Puck Registration
Stick & Puck Rules
WickerICE - 1425 N. Damen, Chicago, IL 60622
Stick & Puck times at Wicker ICE -- No booking times required in 2019/2020
• YES, HELMETS ARE REQUIRED to Play.
All times are subject to change at the discretion of the Stick & Puck Monitors depending on weather and ice conditions.
Hours will be determined weekly and posted at
and on our Facebook page at
WickerICE is a community-maintained, all ages, friendly rink. Stick & Puck participants must ensure they play with the safety of others in their best interest at all times. Any participant whose play is deemed too aggressive or harmful to the integrity of the rink will be asked to leave immediately by a staff member. Stick & Puck is designated for open play and casual scrimmages, not organized drills. Everyone is entitled to use of the full ice surface. Regardless of your level of skill, there are elements of risk in the sport. Use common sense, show courtesy to others, and anticipate dangerous situations before they arise.
The following rules are basic elements of safety and courtesy and it is understood that:
• Participants assume all risks of injury or death sustained while in, on or about the premises of WickerICE in Wicker Park, and waive all liability against the Wicker Park Advisory Council – WickerICE Committee, Chicago Park District, its officers, employees and agents.
• Participants release, discharge and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Wicker Park Advisory Council – WickerICE Committee, Chicago Park District from any and all claims, demands or causes of action that are in any way connected with the participation in Stick & Puck or use of Wicker Park premises, facilities or equipment, whether "on" or "off" the ice, on the part of the Wicker Park Advisory Council – WickerICE Committee, Chicago Park District, its officers, employees and agents.
• Participants have adequate insurance and agree to assume full responsibility for any costs or expenses occasioned by an injury or medical need arising out of participation in Stick & Puck or use of WickerICE premises, facilities or equipment.
• YES, HELMETS ARE REQUIRED.
• You must sign this form before you enter the WickerICE rink.
• No Booking of Times in 2019/2020. (sorry, no phone calls to the Park to reserve a spot)
• Each Stick & Puck session will be limited to the first 24 Skaters and 4 Goalies.
• If children are present, the rink must be shared by all and/or half of the rink must be allocated as a child-friendly/scrimmage-free zone.
• Full size goals can be obtained from the Stick & Puck Monitor upon request dependent on conditions.
• Required equipment: helmet, skates, stick & gloves.
• Bring your own pucks and equipment.
• No slap shots. You must control stick at all times, and never raise sticks above waist level.
• No contact, checking or fighting.
• No organized drills.
• No private lessons allowed by guest coaches.
• Everyone is allowed to play regardless of ability or age; pass the puck; no one likes a puck hog.
• Report any dangerous situations or behavior to Park staff immediately.
• Respect the ice. Please do not litter or use foul language.
• Food and/or Drink are not allowed on the ice.
This is just a partial list. There are elements of risk that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. You are ultimately responsible for your personal safety. Use caution, and skate in control. Respect other skaters. Staff cannot guarantee your safety and will not protect you from injury. It is part of your responsibility to avoid other skaters and hazards. Failure to use good judgment, to skate responsibly, or to follow the rules will result in the loss of skating privileges.
I agree to abide by all Stick & Puck Rules described above.
I understand Wicker Ice is a community-maintained surface and will help take care of the ice after playing.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service