Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Five-Part Introductory Course
The Kansas Volunteer Commission presents five Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) learning sessions intended to provide participants with an introduction to DEI concepts and vocabulary. The course developed by Dr. Bongi Wenyika, addresses the following topics:
• History, Immigration, Assumptions and Myths About What is American
• Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Definition, Dimension, and Types of Diversity
• Dynamics of Inequality
• Understanding Disability by Challenging Ableism Through Inclusive Practices
• Raising Awareness of LGBTQIA Challenges in Communities
The cost for the entire five-part DEI course is $25. Invoices will be sent every Friday and must be paid before access to the course is granted. Credit cards are not accepted. Scholarships are available upon request.
The DEI course will open in Google Classroom on March 29th and participants will have access for one year. This is an on-demand course that participants can progress through at their own pace.
Each learning session in the course will have a pre-recorded video and a workbook in Google Classroom. The workbooks will contain:
• Vocabulary for each topic
• Activities to be completed while following along with each video
• Reflective activities to help participants think about what they have learned
• Homework to prepare participants for the next session
• Resource lists for further learning around each topic
In addition, the Google Classroom will have a general DEI resource library with resources that are not specific to the course but are relevant to DEI work and learning.
If you have questions, please email Meg Pearson at
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service