Worksheet 5 Practice Questions
1. Your software development company is taking on a new project. You estimate that the project will take 500 hours. Ten percent of this time will be your labor, which costs $65 per hour. The rest of the labor is to be split between 3 members of your development team evenly. The head developer on the project makes $45 per hour, and his two assistants make $30 per hour each. What is the total estimated cost of the project?
2. You are surveying a piece of your land to plant strawberry bushes and want to know the number of acres that you will be using. You partition off 8 rows, each of which are 46 inches wide and 368 feet long. What is the area of this partitioned land, to the nearest hundredth of an acre?
3. Your bakery has received an order for 45 dozen blueberry donuts. You use a recipe that makes 5 dozen donuts and calls for 1 2/3 cups of blueberries. If blueberries are only sold in quarts, how many quarts are needed to complete this order?
4. You are going to rent a car to drive while you are on vacation. There are two car rental packages for you to choose from. The first package offers a $115 per day flat rate. The second package offers a $105 per day flat rate, plus $0.35 per mile. How many miles would you need to drive while on vacation in order to make the first package the better deal?
5. You are building a deck for your house. You are going to need 20 boards that are 1 inch by 6 inches by 12 feet, and 6 boards that are 1 inch by 4 inches by 8 feet. These boards cost $1.20 per board-foot. Additionally,you are going to need 6 boxes of screws at a price of $2.99 each and 2 large cans of stain at a price of $6.99 each. Sales tax is 7%. What will the total cost of the deck be?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Lafayette Parish School System.
Terms of Service