The PTO leadership would love to hear your thoughts on what we did well, what we didn't do so well, and what you'd like us to do in the future. This *anonymous* survey below should take 5-10 minutes to complete. Thank you for taking the time to make your voice heard and helping the Miner PTO to continue growing and improving. The survey will stay open through the end of May. We will discuss the results at the June PTO General Meeting.
As a reminder, here is the PTO's purpose: To enhance and support the educational experience at Miner, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging family and teacher involvement, and to improve the environment at Miner through volunteer and financial support.
* Family Engagement: Oktoberfest, Movie Night, Spring Dance
* Family Support: Uniform Drive, Thanksgiving Food & Toiletries Drive, Holiday Toys for Tots, Christmas Trees, Spring Dance Boutique, Mother's Day Flowers (upcoming), Scholarships for Summer Camp
* Appreciation & Recognition: Welcome-Back breakfast, Fall Appreciation Lunch, Holiday Treats, Valentine's Day Flowers, Wellness Kits, Teacher Appreciation Week Events, Principal/AP/Administrative Professional gifts
* Teacher & School Support: Classroom Grants, Special Event Funding (e.g. Spelling Bee, Field Day), Funding for Incentives (e.g. Attendance and PARCC Testing), Field Trip Grants, Technology Funding, Extracurriculars/Club Grants
* Fundraisers: Bear Paw Fundraising Drive, Move!Play!Grow!, Election Day Bake Sale, Holiday Greenery & Baked Goods Sale, Community Yard Sale & Bake Sale
* Facilities & Grounds: Master Site Plan for North Campus, ECE Playground, DCPS Recycles! Program, School Garden Team
*Community Engagement: Walk-to-School-Day, Hilloween, Bike-to-School Day (upcoming), Incoming Family Play Dates, Advocacy to Mayor's Office and City Council
*Communications: Email, Flyers for Events, Twitter (@MinerPTO), Posts to Neighborhood Lists (MoTH, Hill East, Next Door), Spirit Store (Including Cafe Press), Calendar, Website