Temporary Special Event Application
Thank you for your interest in holding a special event in Hudson.

Please review all Special Event Rules and Regulations before completing this form:

Complete the Temporary Special Event Application below and submit it, along with the following, to the Special Events Coordinator at least 60 days prior to the requested event date:

-$25 application fee
-Certificate of Insurance
-Complete Vendor List
-Letter of Approval from Private Property Owner, if applicable

Submission of this application does not indicate approval. Applicants will be notified when applications are officially approved. Applicants promoting an event before formal approval of the event is received accept the risk that their event may not be approved and must be cancelled.

PLEASE NOTE: You must be 21 or older to hold an event in Hudson.

Questions? Call Rhonda Kadish at 330-655-1522 or email specialevents@hudson.oh.us.

Email address *
Special Event Title *
Your answer
Event Date(s) *
Your answer
Day(s) of the week *
Event Start Time - Event Finish Time *
Your answer
Set Up Date(s) and Time(s) *
Your answer
Tear Down Date(s) and Time(s) *
Your answer
Phone Number for Public *
Your answer
Event/Organization Website Address
Your answer
Describe Event (In 50 words or less, include detailed description of event to be used on our Calendar of Events.)
Your answer
Estimated Attendance *
Your answer
Sponsoring Organization *
Your answer
Organization Address *
Your answer
Event Contact Person *
Your answer
Event Contact Phone *
Your answer
Event Contact Email *
Your answer
Check all that apply.
Public or Private Property? *
Location *
Will you have musical entertainment? *
Will you have inflatables? *
Will you have fireworks, rockets, lasers, or other pyrotechnics? *
By checking the box below, I understand that I am not permitted to have alcohol, live animals, petting zoos, animal exhibits, animal rides, rides, carnivals, circuses, casino games, bingo games, drawings, or other lottery opportunities on public property. *
Other activities? If yes, indicate what activities you are planning to have. *
Your answer
You are required to submit a complete list of vendors and what they will do at the event no later than 60 days prior to your event date. You must also submit Vendor Application Forms signed by each vendor as required by the City. Please contact the Special Event Coordinator for vendor insurance requirements.
Number of vendors *
Your answer
Will your event include food concession, sales, and/or preparation? *
Will you or vendors cook in the event area? If yes, indicate the type of preparation. *
Will items be sold? *
Will food trucks participate? All food trucks/mobile food vehicles must obtain a license from the City of Hudson. Food truck vendors must apply for a license here: https://hudsonoh.viewpointcloud.com/#/1082/6380. *
Portable toilets are required if other restroom facilities are not available. We recommend 1 facility for every 500 persons attending. Restroom locations, delivery dates/times, and pickup dates/times must be approved by the City 30 days prior to the event.
Will you be using portable toilets? *
Tents, stages, or other temporary structures greater than 400 square feet with closed sides require permits and inspections from the Summit County Department of Building Standards (330-630-7280) and the Hudson Fire Department (330-342-1860). You are responsible for obtaining necessary permits and inspections or risk cancellation of the event. Tent stakes are not permitted on any City property. Water barrels or alternative methods of stabilizing tents or structures must be used.
Will you be using a STAGE? If yes, please indicate the number of stages and the size of each stage. Include location on site map. *
Your answer
Will you be using TENTS? If yes, please indicate the number of tents and the size of each tent. Include location on site map. *
Your answer
You are responsible for collecting trash, emptying all trash cans, and removing trash from the event site during and immediately after the event. This includes all City-owned trash containers and recycling bins. The City will charge your event for our cleanup costs if the area is not clean when the event is over.
Who will collect and dispose of trash? *
Name of contract hauler, contact name, and phone number? *
Your answer
Would you like the City to provide recycling bins? If yes, indicate how many. *
Your answer
Please describe your plans for parking that will not impact residents and area merchants and their customers. Include which parking lots, on-street parking, and/or shuttle services you will provide. Indicate routes and parking on your Site Map.
Please describe your plans for parking. *
Your answer
We prefer that events be held without road closures, as they inconvenience our citizens and our businesses. We will review your plans and determine if a road closure will be approved. The cost is $300 per closure and per reopening if two separate trips are required. Please include road closures on your Site Map.
Are you requesting road closures? If yes, please indicate which roads. *
Your answer
Please indicate if you would like to have Police Officers at your event. The Hudson Police Department will make the final determination regarding the number of officers needed. The cost is $57 per hour, per officer (minimum of four hours each).

The City of Hudson does not provide overnight security. The Hudson Police Department can provide you access to outside resources that will be billed directly to your organization. Contact HPD at 330-342-1800. If you are hiring overnight security, please indicate the security company’s contact information.

Would you like to request the use of Police Officers? *
Will you have overnight security? If yes, please indicate the security company name and phone number. *
Your answer
All new events and requests for additional water or electric services for current events will be billed at a cost of $25 for each electric and water hookup. Drinking water is not available. Please indicate on your Site Map where you will need electric and water.
Do you need ELECTRIC access? *
Do you need WATER access? *
The City will provide cones on an as-available basis. Our cones are primarily used for road construction projects, but we will provide them for your event if they are available.
Number of Cones (short) and/or Navigators (tall) requested? *
Your answer
A Site Map must be submitted 30 days prior to your event that includes locations of vendors, load-in and load-out areas, food preparation areas, trash receptacles, recycling receptacles, portable toilets and washing stations, parking/shuttle locations and routes, tents, stages, road closures, water and electric locations, race routes, and any other features of your event. The Site Map can be submitted by email to specialevents@hudson.oh.us.
The City of Hudson requires all event organizers to provide a Certificate of Insurance for $1 million per occurrence. The City of Hudson must be specifically named on the certificate as an Additional Insured. All event Certificates of Insurance must be received no later than 30 days prior to the date of your event.
Please check the box below. *
I have read the City’s Rules, Regulations and Policy (http://www.hudson.oh.us/827/Special-Event-Rules-Regulations) for holding a public event on City of Hudson property or right of way and I will abide by those rules. On behalf of my organization, I acknowledge permission to use the greens and public properties in accordance with those rules. In consideration of the permission and privilege allowed to me and my organization hereunder, I do hereby specifically agree on behalf of my organization that we will indemnify, save and hold harmless the City of Hudson and employees from any and all losses, claims actions, or proceedings of every kind and character which may be presented or initiated to recover money, property, or damages for any injuries to persons, or injurious results, or any damages to property suffered which arise from our use of the City of Hudson greens or public properties. I agree to make this information available to all other members of my organization.
Do you agree? (Please note that you must be 21 or older to hold an event in Hudson.) *

I understand that I must submit a detailed Site Map 30 days prior to my event and that late submission may cause cancellation of my event.

I will contact the Special Events Coordinator to obtain the Vendor Application Forms and will return all completed forms, along with each Vendor Certificate of Insurance, to the City no later than 30 days prior to my event. I understand that late submission may jeopardize a vendor’s participation in my event.

I will submit my $25 non-refundable application check, Certificate of Insurance, and Vendor List to the City directly upon submission of this application. If not, I understand my application will not be considered for approval.

Do you agree to the Terms and Conditions listed above? By checking "I agree" and submitting this application, you agree to all the Terms and Conditions listed above. *
Application Fee
-If paying by check, make check payable to "City of Hudson", and send to 115 Executive Parkway, Suite 400, Hudson, OH 44236, Attn. Rhonda Kadish.

-If paying by credit/debit card, please follow the link to our online payment service, PayGOV: https://pay.paygov.us/EndUser/PaymentAgency.aspx?ttid=19298. A minimum convenience fee of $1 or 3% of your total will be charged.

Please contact Rhonda Kadish, Special Events Coordinator, at (330) 655-1522 with any payment questions.

Will you be paying your application fee via check or credit/debit card? *
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Additional Terms