Your application will not be processed until we receive the application fee.
1. Stall Location & Amount of Space: Vendor Stall location is subject to change permanently or temporarily during the 2019-2020 contract season. All vending tables, tents, merchandise, signage and inventory must be set up in the specified 10’ x 10’ space. Vendors are not permitted to place items in the aisles without advance permission from the Market Manager.
2. Vendor Stall Supplies: Vendors furnish their own tables, chairs, signage, and canopies. Canopies must be 10'x10' and square, must be weighted down every week due to the variability of wind and weather at our site, and must be in reasonable shape. Vendors that do not have weights will be asked to leave the Market.
3. Signage: Vendors must display easy-to-read signage with the name of their business and its location or base of operations. Signage must be posted within the stall by 15 minutes prior to market opening, and signs must be no smaller than 8"x10". The price and origin (if different from business location) must be posted on or near items for sale.
4. Vehicles: Vehicles from which goods are sold must meet the Bloomfield Development Corporation’s standard of cleanliness: no rusted out, unpainted, visually objectionable vehicles, and/or bad odors will be allowed.
5. Keep the Market Area Beautiful: Vendors will be asked to make their displays as attractive as possible, displaying items vertically by adding height to items displayed on tables. Vendors furnish their own broom, dustpans and garbage removal. Vendors are responsible for cleaning their stalls at the end of each Market day including sweeping space. All garbage must be removed from the Market. Garbage, including boxes, MUST be taken with you and cannot be put in garbage cans on the lot. Vendors that do not remove their garbage may be asked to leave the Market.
6. Product Acceptance: The Bloomfield Development Corporation reserves the right to approve, refuse, & limit ALL products to be sold at the Bloomfield Saturday Market. Vendors must provide a comprehensive list of all products they intend to sell at time of application. Vendors must request approval from the Market Manager prior to adding or changing products to be sold at the Market.
7. Origin of Product: Only vendors who have been approved may sell brokered produce/products. All vendors must label origin of produce/products.
8. Insurance: All Vendors must obtain a minimum of $1 million general liability insurance. Prepared or Processed Food and Health/Beauty product Vendors must obtain a minimum of $1 million Product and Premises Liability insurance in addition to general liability insurance. All Vendors' insurance must name the Bloomfield Development Corporation and West Penn Hospital (the venue owner) as “additional insured,” and vendors must provide certificates to Market Manager prior to vending.
9. Subleasing Space: Vendors may not sublet space, or sell product for other people/businesses.
10. Vendors must comply with all local, state, and federal regulations that apply to their business.
11. No Tobacco or Alcohol Use: West Penn Hospital/Allegheny Health Network does not allow tobacco or alcohol use of any kind on their properties. Please refrain from consuming alcohol, smoking or using any tobacco products while on the Market.
Winter Market Hours: 11am-2pmvendor set-up 9:30-10:45am, vendor tear-down 2:10-3:00pm
1. Set Up & Tear Down: All tents, tables, signage, etc. must be completely set up at least 15 minutes prior to market opening. Tear down cannot start until at least 10 minutes after market closing.
2. Arriving Late: Scheduled vendor must notify the Market Manager of late arrival BY PHONE CALL ONLY at least 30 minutes prior to market opening in order to keep designated stall. (724.271.8971) If notification is not provided, Market Manager will assign alternate vendor to any open stall. Vendors arriving late may be assigned to alternate stall space at Bloomfield Saturday Market staff discretion and if habitually late will be asked to leave the market permanently.
3. Rain or Shine Policy: The Bloomfield Saturday Market is a rain or shine market and therefore weather does not constitute an emergency absence. In the event of dangerous forecast weather, the Market Manager will notify all vendors of abbreviated market hours or cancellation by 6 am on Market day.
4. Absence Policy: The market will be most successful when 100% of scheduled vendors are present. Vendors are required to notify the Market Manager by noon the Friday prior if they will be absent on any given Saturday. In cases of emergency, vendors must notify the Market Manager BY PHONE CALL ONLY. If THREE absences occur without notice by noon the Friday prior to a given Market, vendor will be asked to leave the market permanently without refund.
Bloomfield Development CorporationAt West Penn Hospital4900 Friendship AvenuePittsburgh, PA 15224
West Penn Hospital4800 Friendship AvenuePittsburgh, PA 15224
Office: 412.681.8800Cell phone: 724.271.8971 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN: Market ManagerBloomfield Development CorporationAt West Penn Hospital4900 Friendship AvenuePittsburgh, PA 15224
Please mail or email all copies of additional insured certificates to the Market Manager upon acceptance into the market.
Market Time: 9am-1pmVendor Set-up: 7:30am-8:45amVendor Tear-down: 1:10pm-2:30pm
Deadline to apply for full season: Friday, April 19, 2019Payment due Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Market Time: 11am-2pmVendor Set-up: 10am-10:45amVendor Tear-down: 2:10pm-3:00pm
Deadline to apply for full season: Friday, October 18, 2019Payment due Friday, November 1, 2019
$720 Farmers $950 Others
Full-Season Summer Vendors:Payment due Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
$420 Farmers$550 Others
Full-season Winter Vendors:Payment due Friday, November 1, 2019.
$300 Farmers$400 Others
Additional Stalls (per season):Payment due at the same time as vendor fee.
$175 each Farmers$200 each Others
Occasional Vendors:Payment due on the season's due date.
$45 per day Farmers$65 per day OthersAdditional booths same price per day.
WHEREAS "Vendor" wishes to rent a booth from Bloomfield Development Corporation, and THEREFORE, in consideration of the lease of the booth and other good and valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:
1. Vendor agrees to pay Bloomfield Development Corporation specified rent for space during the 2019-2020 Bloomfield Saturday Market.
2. Vendor shall purchase general commercial liability insurance (or farm insurance) with at least $1,000,000 limits, and shall name Bloomfield Development Corporation and West Penn Hospital as additional insured and certificate holder. Certificate must be on file at Bloomfield Development Corporation prior to vending at the 2019-2020 Bloomfield Saturday Market.
3. Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Bloomfield Development Corporation, and its employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against and from all of the following in connection with the 2019-2020 Bloomfield Saturday Market.
(a) ALL claims, demands, actions and causes of action, together with the costs and expenses, including attorney fees of defending such a claim, resulting or arising from any claimed loss or damage to persons for injury or death or in property which may be due or result from the installation, occupancy, operation, use, maintenance or repair of any stand, bay, booth or other installation or structure of any kind.
(b) ALL claims, demands, actions and causes of action, together with the costs and expenses, including attorney fees of defending such a claim, resulting or arising from any claimed damage from consumption of products, food or goods which are sold, obtained, received or acquired from any booth or other installations of any kind leased to the Vendor.
4. Vendor shall pay Bloomfield Development Corporation the full amount of any loss or damage including, but not limited to court costs and attorney fees, which it may sustain, incur or become liable for defending or prosecuting any action or claim arising from this Agreement.
5. Vendor agrees to obtain at Vendor’s cost all licenses / permits required by City of Pittsburgh and State of Pennsylvania, and to provide Bloomfield Development Corporation copies of all such licenses and permits.
6. Vendor agrees to obtain at Vendor’s cost a Pennsylvania sales tax permit and to cause to be collected and paid to the State of Pennsylvania all applicable sales and local option taxes.
7. Vendor has received the 2019-2020 Rules and Regulations. Vendor understands and agrees to follow all rules and regulations set forth by the Bloomfield Winter Market as stated in the Rules and Regulations and in the Application Packet.
8. The laws of Pennsylvania shall govern this Agreement and be binding upon the parties hereto.