Industrial challenges to become digital manufacturer: Experiences of EU companies
Welcome to the international networking event in the framework of the EU project ManuLearn, designed to manufacturing companies, which will take place online on 29 September.
The purpose of the event is to raise awareness of the importance of developing new skills and introducing new digitalization technologies to face present and future manufacturing challenges.
It addresses industrial companies that are considering to introduce new technologies of digitalization or have already started such digitalization processes in their manufacturing.
The first part of the event consists of three presentations of companies that already have gone through the digitalization process. They will focus on specific areas or specific cases, point out barriers and good practices / business opportunities that they handled in their companies.
After the key-note session every participating company will be invited to choose one of the three parallel dialogue sessions according to their areas of interest / technologies. Participants in the parallel meetings will have the chance to discuss the most relevant challenges and nowadays concerns in smaller groups with other companies.
AGENDA 29 September, 11:00-13:00 CEST
11:00-11:15 Introduction to the event (EIT Manufacturing)
11:15-12:00 Keynote presentation panel: Practical experiences of companies in Digitalization:
• Solutions of BD Sensors: development of pressure sensors, measurement devices, paperless administration & production, automated robotic stations & storage, digitalization process and others. Mr. Michal Polášek, Smart4factory (Czech Republic).
• Digitizing traditional manufacturing industries: introduction of Cloud Computing, Real Time Analytics and IoT technologies. Experiences of Baltik Vairas, Diab Group and Vilnika. Mr. Andrius Vilčiauskas, CEO of GK Proact (Lithuania).
• Additive manufacturing as strategy for market and technological diversification. Mr. Xabier Egurbide, Sales & Internationalization Director of Createch Medical (Spain).
12:00-12:30 Parallel Dialogue Sessions in small groups (split by areas of interest/ technologies)
• Which are our most relevant challenges on Digitalization?
• How are we facing such challenges What are the drivers and barriers?
12:30-13:00 Conclusions in Plenary