Deako Certification Quiz
Basic understanding of the Deako Lighting system
First Name & Company Name:
1. Will material be ordered on a per house basis?
Yes, Material will be ordered as needed on an individual house basis.
No, material will be ordered in case quantities to ensure the lowest pricing possible.
2. In a 3-way circuit what Backplate wire is used for the "common" on either side?
Red back plate wire, because this is the switch leg on a single pole circuit.
Black or Red
Black. In a 3 way circuit the black is used for the common on either side of the 3 way.
3. Are the Deako Red and Blue Backplate wires polarity sensitive when used in a 3-way?
No, as with other types of switches it doesn't matter how you connect the travelers.
Sometimes, Hook them up and there's a 50% chance of success.
Yes, Deako wires are polarity sensitive and need to be hooked up according to instructions.
4. Choose the correct Deako wire connections in a 3-way circuit.
Red to Red traveler, Blue to Black traveler, Black to common wire.
Red to Red traveler, Black to Black traveler, Blue to common wire
Red to Switch leg, Black to power, Cut the Blue and Yellow off.
5. Do Deako Simple Switches work in both 3-way and single pole circuits?
Yes. They also work as 4 ways.
Yes but not 4 ways. 4 ways will be ordered as a set of switches.
6. On average how much longer does it take to install a Deako Backplate than a normal switch?
About 20 Seconds
3 minutes because it's different.
7. Are the Deako Backplate wires polarity sensitive in a 4-way circuit?
8. Choose the correct Deako wire connections in a 4-way circuit.
Line in travelers: red to red, blue to black. Line out travelers: black to red, yellow to black
I don't need instructions because polarity doesn't matter.
Line in travelers: black to red, blue to black. Line out travelers: red to red, yellow to black
9. When pairing Deako Smart Switches in a 3-way circuit. About how long does it take for them to pair?
No time. Plug them in and they work
10. In either a 3-way or 4-way circuit. At what location will a Deako Smart Dimmer be located?
11. At what location will you start the pairing process?
12. If at anytime there is a problem with a Deako Smart Switch or Dimmer during a multi-switch circuit. The first step is?
Hit them with your hammer
Call customer service
Factory reset both switches
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Deako.
Terms of Service