Pesta Ubin is here again!
Come join us in sharing the Ubin Way on Ubin Day with members of the public!
Our presence will be felt through the . They are:
(1) International Coastal Cleanup (i/c: ICCS Intern Rebecca Lee) (See https://coastalcleanup.wordpress.com)
(2) Palm civet awareness (i/c: Xu Weiting, Fung Tze Kwan) (See http://blog.nus.edu.sg/singaporecivet/, http://projectluwaksg.wordpress.com/)
(3) Pedal Ubin (i/c: Joelle Lai)
The two booths will be present on Saturday and Sunday (7:30 AM to 5:30 PM), and we will offer Pedal Ubin on Sunday only (8 AM to 12 noon).
For awareness booths: we need four persons per three hour shifts to man the booths (located at the basketball court outside HSBC Volunteer hub).
For Pedal Ubin: We need four to eight cycling guides (don't worry if you have no experience -- we will conduct recce and training two weeks before - also, do help if you can be the last man and are a certified first aider). See what we were up to last year here (https://toddycats.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/pedal-ubin-on-ubin-day-30-november-2014/)
Palm civet awareness: Introduce the biology of some terrestrial animals through specimens and games
ICCS booth: Introduce local marine biodiversity, the threat of marine trash, and solutions in the course of sustainability.
Scope and Tasks (for Palm civet and ICCS booths):
(1) Specimen guiding, generate awareness
(2) Facilitate interactive games
If you are interested to help out in any of the above, please sign up below!