- Applicants must be an African American high school senior with a financial need, who resides in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Applicant must plan to attend an accredited two-year college, a two-year technical school or a four-year college/university for the year 2023-2024. Awards will be based on academic achievement, involvement in school activities, leadership, community service, volunteer service, and career goals.
1. Complete the application below and email materials where requested. All applicants must submit an official school transcript with SAT/ACT scores (if available), 3 reference letters (2 teacher/counselor and 1 personal). Note* If you did not take the SAT/ACT as it was not required by your institution please indicate this where asked.
2. Three reference letters are required and 2 must be from a teacher or guidance counselor and on school letterhead. 1 may be a personal letter of reference. All must be signed.
3. Applications missing any information will not be accepted or reviewed.
4. The CHAACA Scholarship Committee Chairperson will notify scholarship recipients of his/her/their award via email.
5. All award recipients will be required to participate in our Scholarship Award Celebration on a date TBD as well as be featured on our social media and webpages.
6. All scholarship recipients must show proof of school enrollment before money is awarded.
7. Deadline for application submission is Friday, April 14, 2023 by 11:59pm.
For any questions, concerns, or issues with application completion please email: CHAACA at email@example.com or Pat McCargo, CHAACA Scholarship Committee Chair PMccargo@msn.com