3M Plenary Lecture Competition – EuroCorr2022
Would you like the opportunity to present your research during a plenary lecture at EuroCorr2022 (Berlin 28.08-01.09)? If you are up to the challenges, then join the Young EFC 3M Plenary Lecture Competition. We are looking forward to your application!
Register here and send your application to
by November 15th
October 2021: registrations open
November 15th 2021: application due
December 20th 2021: Finalists announced
January 20th 2021: Virtual 3M Plenary Lecture Competition Final
• Develop your academic, presentation and research communication skills
• Develop your ability to effectively explain your research in language appropriate to a general audience
• Celebrate your research, connect with your peers, and raise your public profile
• Have the chance to give a plenary lecture at the next EuroCorr2022
1. First round:
• 1 min video (free format) to apply and introduce yourself
• CV including the list of indexed publication
• Motivation letter
*selection process by YoungEFC Board
2. Second round for selected candidates
Challenge yourself and present your research in 3 minutes.
*selection of the winners by YoungEFC Board and Social Media response
1. Contestants must be under the age of 35 during Eurocorr2022 (September 2022). Other candidates may also be considered if there are extraordinary grounds for doing so. (Extraordinary grounds refer to illness, parental leave or similar circumstances)
2. Contestants must hold a PhD related to Corrosion
3. The winner must register and attend the Eurocorr2022
4. The material (video/CV…) could be use in social media
Virtual rules for the second round
• Presentations are limited to 3 minutes - competitors exceeding this are disqualified.
• Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts speaking (timing does not include title slide).
• Videos must meet the following criteria:
o Filmed on a plain background;
o Filmed from a static position;
o Filmed from one camera angle;
o Contain a title slide (at beginning);
o Can contain a PowerPoint slide (top right corner/right side/cut to)
• Static slides are permitted in the presentation (no slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any kind). This can be visible continuously, or ‘cut to’ (as many times as you like)
• The 3 minute audio must be continuous – no sound edits or breaks.
• No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment, animated backgrounds) are permitted.
• Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).
• No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
• The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
Please note: competitors *will not* be judged on video/ recording quality or editing capabilities (optional inclusions). Judging will focus on the presentation, ability to communicate research to an audience, and 3M PowerPoint slide.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Year of the PhD defense
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service