Thank you for your interest in Rising Violets!
Rising Violets is NYU’s crowdfunding platform for peer-network fundraising. Through this platform, you will be able to rally a team of supporters to champion the University causes you feel most passionate about. Fundraising through Rising Violets allows you to make an impact through specific initiatives that shape the NYU community.
Perhaps you are a student organization that needs additional funding to participate in a national competition. Or, you may be an alum who wants to ensure a specific part of your NYU experience is available for the next generation of graduates. Maybe you are a faculty member looking to take 15 students on a research trip that can change lives around the globe. All of these are great examples of crowdfunding projects that could be successful through Rising Violets.
You can also browse the site and discover exciting projects from every corner of NYU that need your support.
Rising Violets projects launch in both the Fall and Spring. The timelines and deadlines are below. Please read carefully to ensure you apply in time for your desired launch. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered for the next phase.
Fall 2022 Projects:
September 12 - Fall Deadline to Apply
October 3 - Project Startup Form Submitted
October 24 - Projects Launch
December 5 - Projects Close
Spring 2023 Projects:
January 30 - Spring Deadline to Apply
February 15 - Project Startup Form Submitted
March 13 - Projects Launch
April 24 - Projects Close
To get started, please review the project phases below and complete this application. You can expect to hear back within 7 days. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3 PHASES OF A PROJECT
QUIET PHASE (campaign pre-launch)
• This phase should begin approximately 4-6 weeks before the project’s launch date.
• This time will be spent getting your campaign ready (writing content, creating videos, compiling your email list, developing strategies, etc.).
• Your group will have several meetings with the Assistant Director, Annual Giving to help you develop and plan your project.
ACTIVE PHASE (campaign launch)
• This phase will last 30-45 days and constitutes the live campaign.
• These weeks are crucial! During the campaign, team members are expected to send out at least six (6) email “asks” to their personal contact lists, make four (4) or more updates to their project page, push out asks via social media, and otherwise make themselves available to answer questions about and raise awareness around their project.
FULFILLMENT PHASE (post-campaign)
• After the project, groups are responsible for sending out thank-you emails, final updates, and any promised perks to donors.
• Remember—making your donors feel special now means that they will want to come back and support your next project.