1) Film and document your time spent on the mission.
2) On your return, work with the WRC to turn your footage into a short film about the mission to be used for the WRC's future use.
Please note that the WRC will have final approval on all content produced and distributed.
Submit your best narrative or experimental video about why you should be picked as a sponsored video journalist for the Women’s Refugee Commission. This is where you can be creative. We are open to anything!
Upload your video to YouTube. Make sure it has "Envision the Mission" somewhere in the title. If you don’t already have an account at YouTube, you need to register at http://www.youtube.com.create_account. It is free and it only takes a couple of minutes. Register now!
The contest closes on April 1, 2013 at midnight after which the videos will be judged to see if they comply with the requirements of the contest. Those videos that do not comply will be disqualified. Top candidates will be asked to come to the WRC's offices in New York City between April 2-8, 2013 and will be asked to attend the award ceremony/fundraiser held on April 9 or 10 (details TBD).
- Creativity and uniqueness of video concept
- Audio and visual quality of the video
- Content of the message (e.g., inspirational nature of the message on why you are interested in this project and the WRC.)
- The following will also be taken into consideration:
- Past international experience
- Past experience working with refugees
- Answers to the questions below
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You decide what you do in your Envision the Mission video.
- Your video must not exceed three (3) minutes in length.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a valid passport.
- Only upload videos that you have made.
- If you feature anyone else in your video, you must have his or her consent to film him or her and to upload the video to us.
- Do not secretly film anyone or infringe anyone's right to privacy.
- Do not include anything that is obscene, indecent, harassing, threatening or offensive.
- Your video must not promote, show or incite cruelty, violence, vandalism, fraudulent or criminal acts or contains content or images that could encourage others to commit illegal acts or acts that could cause physical harm if replicated.
- Other people will be able to view your video online; so don't reveal anything personal unless you're comfortable in doing so.
Include your personal or work contact details or anyone else's personal details in the video.