• Training location:
(November 6) Early Learning Division (ELD) OfficeOregon Dept. of Veterans Affairs Building700 Summer St. NE (3rd floor - Room Grand Ronde A & B)Salem, OR 97301
(November 7 & 8)DoubleTree by Hilton1590 Weston Court NESalem, OR 97301
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
• This registration page is ONLY for the HFA Implementation Training scheduled for November 6-8, 2018 in Salem, Oregon!• The registration DEADLINE is October 3, 2018.• Registration is capped at 30 attendees.• Please submit ONE implementation training request per person.• ATTENTION: Registration is NOT COMPLETE until HFA receives payment for your training slot. You can make a credit card payment or to request an invoice.• If you have any questions or concerns about the training, please contact Maritza Noriega either by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (520) 415-1073.
• Training location:
• Date: November 6-8, 2018
• Times: 8:30am-4:30pm for Day 1 and Day 2; 8:30am-2:30pm for Day 3
DESCRIPTION OF THE IMPLEMENTATION TRAINING?
The Healthy Families America National Office is very pleased to announce the availability of HFA Implementation Training. This training is designed for program managers who are newer to their role, but can also benefit any program manager who wants to be up-to-date with all HFA standards. The training is also beneficial for any leadership staff interested in learning more about implementation of the Healthy Families America model.
Think of it like HFA boot camp (with some fun thrown in!)...an opportunity to become intensely immersed in HFA, the expectations of the model, and the responsibilities of an HFA leader, all while developing relationships with National Office staff and a network of support from other program manager colleagues throughout the country. Participants will also receive an HFA Site Development Guide, newly updated, and access to other resources aimed at making a program manager's work a bit easier.
Intensive core training for program managers (though not currently required as part of the HFA BPS) has been requested by the field and is long overdue. Now with 20 years of experience behind our work at the national level, we are pleased to make this training available 3 times a year.
Those attending the training will:
• Become familiar with the HFA mission, vision, goals and logic model,• Understand the benefits and processes of HFA affiliation and accreditation,• Learn the building blocks needed for program infrastructure, i.e., target population, staffing patterns, budgeting, community partnership and advisory group, Quality Improvement (QI) processes (process and outcome data, etc. ), and• Learn strategies for assuring quality implementation the HFA Best Practice Standards
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS TRAINING?
• Registration is limited to 30 individuals and is filled on a first come, first serve basis.• Registration is NOT COMPLETE until HFA receives payment for your training slot. You will be invoiced soon after completing your registration. • HFA will notify the network in the coming months about other implementation trainings throughout the U.S.
HOW MUCH DOES THE TRAINING COST?
Tuition is $750 per person and includes:• A two hour distance learning module completed prior to attending, • The three day in-person training, and • All training materials.
• (November 7 & 8)DoubleTree by Hilton1590 Weston Court NESalem, OR 97301
Airports (most accessible)? • Portland International Airport (PDX) - https://www.pdx.com/PDX
• Our wonderful host has blocked 16 rooms at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Salem, Oregon. The hotel address is: 1590 Weston Court NE Salem, OR 97301. The room rate is $139/night plus tax. IMPORTANT NOTE: Rooms need to be booked by October 8th. Here is the link to book:
• ATTENTION: HFA does not recommend or suggest hotels to participants. The best way to go about finding a hotel is based on your own criteria/discretion (e.g., location of hotel, distance of hotel from training, costs, etc.). The easiest way to find a hotel that you may prefer is to conduct an internet search (using search engines such as: Google, Bing, etc.) and read the reviews made from other people that have stayed at those hotels.
• Nearby hotels:- The Grand Hotel: https://www.grandhotelsalem.com/- The Residence Inn By Marriott: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sleri-residence-inn-salem/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2- Double Tree by Hilton: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/oregon/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-salem-oregon-SLENSDT/index.html
Rental cars? • Rental car info on Portland International Airport website at: https://www.pdx.com/PDX/RentalCars
Other information?• Parking at training location: there may be a charge for parking near the location. Please be prepared.• If you are part of a multi-site system, please contact your central admin prior to registering as the central admin may already offer a similar training for program managers.