HELP DESK A
16) In which of the following situations would running an Automated System Recovery (ASR) be the best option?
A) Automatic update has installed several Windows updates and now the system behaves erratically.
B) You need to restore a Windows system after a complete Windows system failure.
C) You accidentally uninstalled an application and you've lost the original installation CD.
D) You need to restore several documents that were accidentally deleted from My Documents.
10) If the help desk system groups all inquiries into one priority list of issues, this is called:
A) Universal Queue
B) Standard Queue
C) Unified Queue
D) Standardize Queue
39) Strategies for preventing dissatisfaction are
A) processes that will guarantee sales.
B) processes to generate repeat customers.
C) processes for reducing customer emotion in situations when frustration or anger exists.
D) techniques used to prevent a breakdown in needs fulfillment when you are dealing with customers.
3) Bold type numbers in parentheses following a folder indicate the number of _____messages in the folder.
35) A user reports an issue that does not occur while the technician is onsite. Which of the following actions should the technician perform while troubleshooting this issue with the user?
A) Ask the user a series of questions designed to narrow the scope of the problem.
B) Inform the user that the problem is most likely that they made a mistake.
C) Ask the user which applications are currently installed on their computer.
D) Tell the user that nothing can be done unless the problem can be repeated.
36) Your customer has been having problems with their computer freezing frequently. After troubleshooting, you realize that the computer has contracted a nasty virus and the only way to fix the computer is to reformat it. When you tell the customer that you will need to reformat their computer, they get extremely frustrated and start accusing you of not knowing how to do your job. How should you respond?
A) Respectfully tell the customer that you understand the inconvenience and see why they are frustrated, but viruses can be very detrimental to a computer and reformatting is necessary. Assure them you will do your best to get their computer up and running as soon as possible.
B) Inform the customer that in reality, it is their fault that this happened because they were the one that allowed the virus into the computer, but you will do your best to help them fix it if they calm down.
C) Tell the customer that your supervisor will be down shortly to discuss their options.
D) Apologize for not being able to fulfill your work tasks and come up with a better answer.
34) A customer calls asking for help with an error code displayed on a computer running Linux. The technician has limited experience with Linux. What should the technician do?
A) Direct the customer to the website of the manufacturer.
B) Attempt the repair anyway.
C) Gather information about the problem and escalate the call to a level-two technician.
D) Apologize and advise the customer that the technician hopes to receive training for Linux in the future.
30) A new version of an existing program that is sold at a reduced cost to owners of a previous version of software is:
23) You are a network engineer and have been assigned the task of installing Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) network cables in a company. Which statement is incorrect for UTP cables?
A) UTP cable can be installed outside a building
B) avoid using a stapler to protect UTP cables
C) do not run UTP cables parallel to power cables
D) do not stretch a UTP cable
46) An understanding of and indemnification with another person’s problem situation, thoughts and feelings is called
17) The new monitor you just purchased is flickering after you finish installing it. What should be changed to alleviate this problem?
A) increase the color depth
B) increase the refresh rate
C) decrease the refresh rate
D) decrease the color depth
What is your name?
47) Actively listening to an angry customer
A) distracts them from their issue.
B) tends to eliminate conflict.
C) increases the level of conflict.
D) makes the situation worse.
15) What does it mean to flash the BIOS?
A) Upgrading the BIOS without replacing hardware
B) Increasing the hard drives storage capacity
C) A technique using increased computer cycles per second
D) Resetting the CMOS to factory defaults
7) Which e-mail retrieval protocol downloads and then deletes messages from a mail server?
6) Large messages are grouped by all of the following sizes except ______.
A) Huge (1 to 5 MB).
B) Very Large (500 KB to 1MB).
C) Medium (64 to 100 KB).
D) Large (100 to 500 KB).
27) Updating the incident record with information about a problem as it progresses is called:
13) Most hardware devices that malfunction today are
C) not needed
31) Which concept does “Listening is not waiting for your turn to talk” explain?
B) emotional filters
D) jumping ahead
38) Situations when customers have expectations of a certain type or level of service that are not met by a service provider are referred to as
A) service options.
B) service gratification.
C) service moments.
D) service breakdowns.
18) A customer complains that a recently purchased monitor no longer displays a picture. You verify that the monitor is powered on and that the video cable is securely fastened to the video port. Which of the following actions should you direct the customer to take next?
A) Send the monitor back to the manufacturer for repair or replacement.
B) Try to adjust the monitor's settings using the controls on the monitor.
C) Open the computer's case, and switch the video card to a different expansion slot.
D) Disable the video card driver and the update it using the newest drivers.
12) Which one of the following is the best example of a simple Automatic Call Distributor in action?
A) a menu based phone tree technical support system
B) an automated phone-based survey tool to test restaurant quality
C) an automated self-support system to troubleshoot common issues
D) a 411 system directing high volumes of callers to the next available operator
25) What is the TRACERT.EXE utility used for?
A) To transfer a file
B) To view your IP configuration information
C) To configure a device
D) To find a broken link in a network connection
43) What should you remember when faced with conflict?
A) You should not change your mind, or you will not seem confident.
B) It is better to keep to the issues of the discussion.
C) If you discuss the past and determine what/who caused the problem, it may help resolve the issue.
D) It is OK to keep repeating the same thing over and over, as the other person will eventually understand.
42) What is the common name for a program that spread itself to other systems and often damages resources on those systems?
A) Trojan horse
C) Text message
D) Windows applet
22) You need to connect two computers together for a customer. The customer does not have a network and does not wish to purchase a concentrator, but both computers include functional Ethernet network interface cards with RJ-45 connectors. Which component will allow you to meet your customer's needs?
A) a crossover cable
B) a passive hub
C) a protocol analyzer
D) an Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) card
41) An extra backup computer that is purchased and stored until it is needed to replace a broken system is called a _____ system.
11) You have been resetting the options for the display of your video card. After several attempts to tweak the settings, you notice that your display is becoming almost illegible. It is even too difficult to see the screen to attempt to enter the graphics card display options to fix the problem. What should you do?
A) Press the F1 key for help.
B) Disable the video card in the CMOS.
C) Install a different video card.
D) Boot in Safe Mode using the F8 key and then change the settings.
5) Using ______, you can have messages automatically forwarded, categorized, or flagged for follow up.
50) A service strategy in which service providers strive for excellent customer service and satisfaction by doing more than they say they will for the customer or exceeding customer expectations.
A) total quality service
B) the customer is always right
C) under promise and over deliver
D) over perform under deliver
48) Which of the following is not a competency level for the customer?
B) conscious incompetence
C) conscious competence
D) unconscious competency
33) Which is an effective method of dealing with chatterers?
A) avoid encouraging them
B) sympathize with their complaints
C) restate their information and opinions
D) tell them to stop
9) Who has authorization to view e-mails housed in your mailbox on the company mail server?
A) anyone using the network
B) you are the only one with access
C) Network Admins with administrative rights
D) you as well as the sender
40) An organization-wide commitment, shared by everyone from top management to operational client relations and client satisfaction are the most important aspects of a business
A) user forum.
B) customer service ethic.
D) power user.
4) To move to the beginning of a line with the keyboard, press:
A) PAGE UP.
B) CTRL + LEFT ARROW.
C) CTRL + RIGHT ARROW.
20) A person who is technically knowledgeable or has a relationship with an organization that they feel warrants special attention to their incident is a
A) power user
B) difficult customer
C) repeat customer
21) Your computer is located on a TCP/IP network that uses DHCP. You want your computer to release its lease on the TCP/IP configuration that it received from the DHCP server. Which command should you issue to release the configuration?
A) the ping command
B) the tracert command
C) the arp command
D) the ipconfig command
Which of the following protocols stores e-mail on the mail server and gives users a choice to download mail or keep it on the server?
29) “If it is not in writing, it did not happen” emphasizes the importance of
B) monitoring e-mail messages
C) documenting incidents
D) recording telephone calls
45) The first few sentences in a support incident that introduce an agent, form the basis for the first impression of the support service by the user, and get the incident-resolution process started on a positive note is the
C) body of the message.
8) A file sent in an e-mail is called a(n) _____________________.
B) Text Message.
C) Instant Message.
44) Justifying improvement initiative typically involves stating the expected benefits in the form of goals or objectives and expressing those goals as
32) What is the most common way to build rapport with a customer?
A) answer the telephone promptly
B) listen for the customer’s name and use it respectfully during the remainder of your conversation
C) use a standard, polite greeting when answering the telephone
D) ask the customer how you may help them
24) David is using a computer on a network. The NIC in his computer has an ST connector. What type of networking technology is John's network using?
B) Fiber Optic
49) The first step for problem solving is
A) evaluating options.
B) understanding everyone’s interest.
C) documenting agreements.
D) identifying the issues.
19) When you place a customer on hold:
A) document the incident record during the call.
B) work on something else more important.
C) provide a valid reason for doing so.
D) go to lunch.
26) A customer has a network with five devices connected to it. They have made these connections using a switch. One of the computers (Device #1) is connected to switch port #1 but none of the computers on the network can communicate with Device #1. The status light and link light on the switch port are not lit. Which of the following could be the cause?
A) You need a router installed
B) You cannot plug a device into Port #1 on a switch.
C) There are too many collisions on your network.
D) Bad switch port
37) Things that customers typically desire but do not necessarily need are
28) Who are participants in an end-user needs analysis and assessment project who might gain or lose from its success or failure?
D) team players
2) The _____Pane contains the text of a selected e-mail message.
14) Which of the following motherboard types would have a DIN keyboard connector?
A) Baby AT
Send me a copy of my responses.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service