GBC Membership Application
Grace Baptist Church - Kankakee, IL
2499 Waldron Rd. 60901 Kankakee, IL
Why Become a Member?
"You are a member of God's very own family...and you belong in God's household with every other Christian." Ephesians 2:19
Personal Voice and Vote
Someone one said that attending a church without becoming a member is like being a spiritual "foster child." Foster children can participate in a family, but they are never a full participant in the family with all the joys, responsibilities, and legal rights. Church members are given a clear voice at all congregational meetings. Members participate in the decision making discussions and voting on new pastoral staff, church leadership appointment, new members, church finances, and major decisions. Note: Non-members are welcome to freely participate in all congregational meetings, but only members can vote.
Becoming a member will open up new opportunities for you to serve in significant ministry roles within our church family.
By actively identifying with our church, you will enter into new meaningful relationships you would not experience if you stay on the fringe of our church family.
By committing yourself to becoming a member, you will have a greater focus to use and develop your gifts, abilities, serving skills, and leadership within our church family.
Jesus Christ promises to reward us for our service to others. Your loving service within our church family will have eternal significance in your life and the lives of others. You will also experience the joy and reward of being part of what God is doing with and through our entire Church family.
By becoming a member of this church, you are committing yourself to a personal path of spiritual growth, Christian maturity and Godly service. Through the relationships you choose to build, you will become more accountable to others in your spiritual journey.
Who can become a member?
The congregation receives into membership anyone who is born again through faith in Jesus Christ and professes Him before the world; and has followed the Lord in Believer's baptism.
What is expected of members?
Members should seek to become "fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ" as they...
- Confess with your mouth that you have received Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and that you have eternal life. (Romans 10:9; John 1:12; 1 John 5:11-13)
- Commune with God daily through scripture reading, prayer, and following Christ. (Matthew 22:37; Psalm 119:105; John 15:4-6, 14:23-24, 12:25-26; Luke 11:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Celebrate God and hear the preaching of God's Word by participating in a weekly worship service. (Psalm 145:7; Hebrews 10:25; Acts 2:42)
- Continue to grow spiritually by learning God's word and following God's will. (Psalm 145:4; Proverbs 13:20; Romans 12:1-2; Psalm 119:1-4; 2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Connect with others in loving relationships by being part of a small group, class, or ministry team. (Hebrews 10:23-25; Numbers 11:17; Acts 2:42-47; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; Galatians 6:2; 1 John 4:11-12)
- Consecrate yourself to Christian service with your God-given time, abilities, gifts, and desires. (Ephesians 2:10; Romans 12:4-8; Galatians 5:13; 1 Corinthians 12)
- Communicate the love of Christ by word and deed to others. (Matthew 5:16; Job 11:18; Colossians 1:10; Mark 1:17; 2 Corinthians 5:19-21; Acts 26:17-18; Luke 6:27-31)
- Contribute your God-given resources by generously and faithfully giving financially to God's work at our church and beyond. (2 Corinthians 9:7; Proverbs 3:9-10; Malachi 3:8-10; Deuteronomy 14:22; Acts 11:29)
Members Should Participate in Church Decisions
Members shall participate in all congregational decisions by participating in and voting during congregational business meetings. Members shall respect the church decisions, properly made and binding; and, as much as is in them and where the conscience is not violated, assist in carrying out such decisions.
Page 1 of 9
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service