Presently, the Tierney Center for Veteran Services is able to impact two Warrior Students and one College Veteran Resource Center (VRC) by offering the Veteran Services Award & the VRC Empowerment Award.
Fullerton College is among one of the invited OC Colleges to participate in the Veteran Services Award.
The first, the Veteran Services Award (VSA), will award two Student Warriors ($1250 each). This award will be based on Fullerton College VRC's input and Tierney Center Staff review of submitted applications.
The second, the VRC Empowerment Award will be given to one of the invited OC Colleges which engages with the most Warrior Students to participate in the VSA will be awarded $2500.
• Applicants must be a current Fullerton College student or Alumni.
• AND the applicants must be a US Veteran or an Active Duty, Reservist, or National Guard Service Member enlisted in one of the branches of the US Armed Forces.
PROGRAM PURPOSE & GUIDELINES:
• Information provided in the VRC Award Application will be used to track Warriors who engage with OC Community Resources, the progression of those engagements and the variable outcome of those engagements.
• Tracking Warrior engagements will be accomplished through the TCVS WarriorServe™.
• Applicants are willing to participate in surveys provided for program evaluations.
• Applicants are willing to receive information about Veteran Events or Benefits.
• Application process is only through the VRC’s through an online application.
• Program opens at the beginning of the Fall Semester 2016 ends November 28th 2016.
• Applicants can only enroll through one College Campus VRC and only apply once for the Veteran Services Award.