The application process is going to be asking questions about your home and expectations of a rescue Chow Chow in your home. It is important that we collect as much information as possible to better understand your home and fit for a Chow into your home. All questions must be answered or replied to for the completion of the application. Incomplete applications are denied.
Chow Chow Rescue Society is a group of volunteers who are passionate about the Chow Chow breed and devote our time, energy and resources to rescuing, re-rehabilitating and re-homing abandoned, neglected and unwanted Chow Chows all over the Unites States.
In order to qualify for CCRS adoption program all of the following steps must be met:
- You must be at least 24 years of age and be able to provide CCRS with proof of age.
- Any current pets must be up to date on vaccinations, and be spayed/neutered. Exceptions to this will only be considered if proof of a medical explanation is provided.
- If you currently rent, you must provide a landlord’s phone number and a copy of your executed lease including pet policy and breed restrictions.
- Allow a CCRS representative into your home for a visit to insure that your home is safe for the potential new dog.
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for a pet.
- Call your Veterinarian prior to submitting the application and give permission for them to speak with a member of our group.
- A $400.00 rescue donation is required for puppies under the age of six months at the time the contract is signed. A $300.00 donation is due for adults over six months of age. *We do not do payment plans.*
Our Chows are in approved foster homes across the US primarily the East Coast. Transport can be arranged for the right home with reputable approved transporters. If it is a paid transport it is the adopters responsibility to cover the cost. We do not transport dogs to states that are too far from the foster home. We recommend meeting the foster and Chow Chow prior to adoption and driving to the foster home to pick up your new family member.