Cheeks and Squeaks Adoption Application
Please only fill out this form if you are serious about adopting from Cheeks and Squeaks Hamsters.
Be advised that we have a wait list, and that wait times often fluctuate between 3-5 months (although it may be shorter or longer).
Also take this opportunity to look at our requirements for adoption one last time. If you are approved, you will receive an email communicating such. If changes need to be made, we will chat with you about that as well.
1. Cages must meet or exceed 600 square inches unbroken floor space (levels/connecting cages do not count toward this total) with a bar spacing of no more than 1/2 inch. No wire bottoms. No Crittertrails or Habitrail Ovo. See our Cage Page or ask us for ideas! The Prevue 528 meets the minimum.
----Please note that 20 gallon longs are no longer considered suitable housing. They only provide 360 square inches!
----For reference, a suitable cage is about 32 inches x 20 inches (or other configuration that meets the minimum).
2. Wheels must be 9" (males only) or larger (prefer the bucket wheel) and must offer a solid running surface. No wire or mesh wheels. See our Wheels page for ideas!
3. We highly recommend feeding Harlan Teklad--it's what we believe to be the best. See our Feeding and Nutrition page for more details.
4. Soft, paper-based bedding is recommended. Hamsters must NOT be kept on cedar or pine bedding! These products can severely damage their respiratory systems and lead to irreversible damage and/or death.
5. Syrian hamsters must be kept solitary—no exceptions!
6. We STRONGLY discourage breeding our hamsters. However, if you are planning on breeding your hamster, please let us know up front. We would rather point you toward our best stock than have you breed a hamster that would have been better as a pet.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service