2020 "Mad Props" Bellydance Show - Performer Submission
Hello! The Austin Bellydance Association is presenting an all props themed bellydance show on January 25, 2020 at Dougherty Arts Theater, called "Mad Props". Please read the requirements and performer drawing information before filling out the form:
1. Soloists can submit up to 2 entries for different props.
2. Groups can submit up to 2 entries for different props.
3. A dancer may dance a solo and in one group.
4. There will be 6 spots for groups and 8 spots for solos. If we receive less than 6 group entries, we will increase the solo availability accordingly.
5. Every piece/entry will showcase a bellydance prop (from the list of props, see below) for at least 50% of the entire piece.
6. Maximum music length is 5 minutes for soloists and 8 minutes for groups. Music should be bellydance music (made for bellydance of any style, or M.E.N.A.T. in origin).
7. All performers must be a current member of Austin Bellydance Association at the time of drawing and during the show.
8. No animals or fire for safety and permit reasons.
9. Double of any prop (ie. double veil, double sword) should be submitted under the that prop category.
10. Submission closes at 11:59pm on Dec 6, 2019.
LIST OF PROPS:
veil, wings, fan veil, voi (poi-veil), cane, sword, shamadan (with LED lights), tray, pot, combo (more than one of the previously listed props)
1. Each entry will be on paper written down as: Performer Name + Prop
2. Each Prop will have a bucket.
3. Each entry will be placed in the corresponding Prop bucket.
4. The first round of drawing will be to draw one from each bucket, keeping track if solo or group. Once the solo or group spots are full, no more will be drawn.
5. The following round(s) of drawing will be to fill in the remaining props.
6. As the drawing proceeds, we will track the number of soloists and groups.
7. Once the spots for 6 groups and 8 solos have been filled, we will draw 3 wait list names from what is left in each bucket.
8. Note that there will be 10 buckets (see list of props above), so there may be more than one piece showcasing one prop. However, the wait list is drawn per prop. In the event that a performer drops from the show, the performer will be replaced with the person in the wait list of that same prop.
9. Need not be present to be selected. Performers will be notified. Waitlist will be notified of their order on the waitlist.
10. Drawing will be done live at the next ABA General Meeting on Dec 7, 2019.
1. Music must be submitted one month prior to the show.
2. Maximum music length is 5 minutes for soloists and 8 minutes for groups. Music should be bellydance music (made for bellydance or any style or M.E.N.A.T. in origin).
3. Prop must be used for at least 50% of the piece. For Groups: Prop must be used by all dancers.
4. All performers are current members.
5. No animals or fire for safety and permit reasons.
Main Contact Name
Main Contact Mobile Number
Troupe Name or Performer Name
Number of Dancers (1 for solo)
ABA Membership Name (list all names, if group)
Are you a current paid member of the Austin Bellydance Association?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service