On March 24, 2020, the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) approved the Department of Agriculture (DA) recommended measures to ensure food availability and sufficiency during COVID-19 crisis across the country. These include:
1. Allowing all farming and fishing activities to continue to ensure food availability and sustain production amidst the threat of COVID-19
2. Exempting from ECQ all healthy farmers and farm workers, fishers and agribusiness personnel
3. Letting all agricultural stores/outlets, and veterinary clinics operate.
4. Reiterating unhampered movement and deliveries of agricultural commodities to ensure steady flow of food products to the markets.
5. Reactivation of the Local Price Coordinating Council (LPCC) to strengthen price monitoring and enforcement (MC-77)
6. Up-scaling Kadiwa ni Ani at Kita to Improve market linkages between consumers and farmer-producers amid the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), and
7. Support to the “Ahon Lahat, Pagkaing Sapat (ALPAS) Kontra COVID-19″ or Plant, Plant, Plant Program, which aims to increase farm productivity and ensure food sufficiency during the Covid-19 emergency situation.
Here is the link to the matrix of interventions initiated at the national level: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19iiFrt7K2xLjkboECMKORk2NYCmQEOamZFuhjWuM5Gc/edit?usp=sharing
In line with these, and to determine and flex initiatives relative to the IATF-EID approved DA ECQ measures at the regional and local levels, may we request you to accomplish the following survey forms. You may coordinate or inquire with your DA RFO, Provincial/Municipal or City Agriculture Offices.
To ensure the protection of privacy of participants in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, responses will be treated with utmost confidentiality. Findings will not be linked directly to each participant and will only be used for research purposes and policy guidance.