One or two words are missing in each sentence below. select the correct word(s) from the choices.
1. Our car spluttered to a halt because the fuel tank was _______
2. Her elegant fingers fanned out over the harp, Belinda played the opening _____ that drew all eyes in the audience to her twinkling nails.
3. Shocked scientists rechecked their measurements that at first sight seemed to _____ that the moon was indeed made of cheese.
4. Although the painting was almost complete, the sky was definitely too dark, and so the artist was carefully _____ it.
5. _____ make careless mistakes: pay attention to what you are doing.
6. Only one soft voice of ______ marred the group's unanimous agreement to take the longer, shallower ______ rather than the vertical drop that had seemed an attractive shortcut when they had initially surveyed the map of the mountain.
7. "______ coming!" one robber shouted at the other, pointing at the plume of dust rising from the distant _____ which meant both of them would soon face retribution.
8. Although I had every _____ of going only to the greengrocer, I found myself inexorably drawn to the ice cream van parked on the main road.
9. He has repeatedly broken his promises, so I am _____ to trust him this time.
10. Andre's pencil case is larger than _____.
11. " Are you hinting that these huge profits are just an _____ ?" asked the chief executive incredulously.
12. The king of the jungle crept stealthily forward in the long grass, unseen by his _____ .
13. In ancient times, if you wanted _____ future to be foretold, you could go to a _____.
14. What happens to his _____ children _____ on the ruling by the judge: we will find out when she rules tomorrow.
15. There was not enough _____ to make the football _____.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service