PGA Reach Southern Texas 2020 College Scholarship Application
The PGA Reach Southern Texas Scholarship Program has been providing higher education scholarships since 1999 to golfers and non-golfers alike. More than 340 scholarships totaling in over $1,000,000 have been awarded to date.
Before you continue, please verify that you meet the below eligibility requirements:
• You currently reside within the geographic boundaries of the Southern Texas PGA Section
• You have a need for financial assistance to meet educational expenses
• You have completed (or plan to complete) high school prior to September 1, 2020 of the current calendar year and have enrolled (or plan to enroll) in an accredited college or university in the fall of 2020.
• You have a GPA of at least 2.5 and have taken the ACT or SAT.
Here's how the 2020 Scholarships will be determined:
Scholarships are awarded based on academic performance, extracurricular activities, and financial need, not on golf accomplishments or ability. Recipients are selected to receive scholarships solely based on the items submitted with this application.
There are different scholarships offered, but only one form necessary! You will be automatically sorted depending on which scholarships you qualify for.
After completing this online form, the below supporting documents will need to be submitted in order for your application to be considered complete.
All information supplied must be accurate and will be kept confidential by PGA Reach Southern Texas.
All supporting documents must be submitted in 1 PDF, except for transcripts. They must be labeled as lastname_firstname_last4digitsofSSN (i.e. ludzenski_megan_1234) and be submitted by Friday, March 20, 2020.
Please submit via email to Megan Ludzenski at
no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, March 20, 2020. Applications will not be processed without the following documents. No .JPGs of supporting documents will be accepted.
• Resume: Junior Golf participation (if applicable), honors, awards, extracurricular activities, and work experience should be group logically into categories, as in resume form.
• Personal Statement: Include a personal statement of no more than 500 words expressing how your school experiences, academics, extracurricular activities, and work experiences are shaping your educational and career goals, why you should be considered for scholarship support, and any financial or other information you wish to share that may be of importance to the selection committee.
• Letter(s) of Recommendation: This can be from a golf professional, employer, coach, teacher at your school, or anyone other than a family member who can tell us why you are especially deserving of this award.
• Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information: You will receive your SAR and EFC information when you complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please note that the FAFSA is available at libraries, colleges, universities, and online at
. You should fill out the FAFSA and submit your information between February 1 – February 15. You will receive the SAR approximately four weeks after you file your FAFSA.
• Transcript: Transcript should be from Fall Semester of 2019-20 school year
(Transcripts can be unofficial.)
Page 1 of 9
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of PGA of America.