2020-2021 LSU Law Center Board of Advocates Application
This application is open to all members of the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center's Class of 2021 (current 2Ls) who are seeking membership on the LSU Law Center's Board of Advocates in the 2020-2021academic year. It is a student's duty to provide all information requested in this application, aside from their highest competition score.
This application is due no later than Friday, March 20, 2020 at 12:00 pm noon. If you have any questions about this application or the board selection process generally, please contact Prof. Brooks directly at
. We understand that this March 20 deadline occurs before some competitions will have concluded - Prof. Brooks will update your application to reflect those competitions as those results come in.
What is your full name?
Please enter your name as you would wish for it to appear on a certificate or on the Law Center's website.
What is your @
Selections Process Generally
Students are selected to be invited to membership on the Board in one of two ways: automatic invitation or membership by application.
The following students automatically receive invitations for membership on the Board of Advocates:
- The 2 winners of the Opening Statement Competition
- The 4 finalists in the Robert Lee Tullis Moot Court Competition
- The 2 “Best Brief” award winners in the Robert Lee Tullis Moot Court Competition
- Any 2L students who were finalists in the Fall Ira S. Flory Mock Trial Competition (a maximum of 4 students)
- Any 2L students who are finalists in the Spring Ira S. Flory Mock Trial Competition (a maximum of 4 students)
- Any 2L students who are finalists in the Dean’s Cup Moot Court Competition (a maximum of 2 students)
- Any 2L students who are finalists in the Transactional Competition (a maximum of 4 students)
- Any 2L students who receive the “Best Contract” Award in the Transactional Competition (a maximum of 2 students)
A number of additional Board members will be selected via an application process.
Do you qualify for an automatic invitation on the Board of Advocates based on the criteria outlined above?
As this form is due before results for the 2020 Dean's Cup will be determined, student(s) who are finalists for Dean's Cup will be notified directly of their eligibility for automatic membership.
Yes, I believe that I currently qualify for an automatic invitation to the Board of Advocates based on my success in an internal competition this year.
No, my membership will be via application.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service