Copy Chief 2020-21 Application
Founded in 1884, The Lawrentian is Lawrence University’s longest running student organization and publication. Published online and in print, the newspaper aims to serve the Lawrence and Appleton communities by offering consistent and responsible reporting on important campus issues.
The Lawrentian is published eight times per term, not including special editions. Typically, the newspaper is distributed each Friday afternoon, beginning with the second week of the term. We do not publish the newspaper during tenth week or finals.
COPY CHIEF is responsible for and should be capable of the following:
• Editing all articles submitted for each issue
• Ensuring that all articles reflect the best interests of the newspaper and remain within journalistic and ethical standards
• Concluding layout each week, proofreading the entire paper with the editor-in-chief, confirming that the correct copy, art, headlines, etc. have been inserted and ensuring that no errors have been added during layout
• Recruiting, training and supervising team of copy editors
• When needed, providing feedback to editors and writers on adherence to AP and The Lawrentian style
• Assisting the Editor-in-Chief in the overall management, leadership and operations of The Lawrentian
• Undergoing training from date of appointment through end of Winter Term 2020
This is a paid position, but Editorial Board members are expected to treat this as half an extra-curricular commitment and half employment. In addition, this is a three-term commitment from Spring Term 2020 to Winter Term 2021. Please contact current Copy Chief Dannielle Konz (
) with any questions.
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service