PA TRIO 2020 Conference Call for Proposals
PA TRIO 48th Annual Conference, October 14-16, 2020
Institution / Organization
Staff or Student?
Presenter's Title (i.e. Mr., Mrs., Doctor, Director, etc.)
TRIO Educational Opportunity Center
TRIO McNair Scholars
TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Talent Search
TRIO Upward Bound
TRIO Upward Bound Math Science
TRIO Veterans Upward Bound
Proposal Submission Guidelines
You are invited to submit a workshop proposal to present your ideas and knowledge to our membership and conference attendees. This year's conference theme is "PA TRIO Goes 'Back to the Future' to Drive Change.'"
Please consider the following in developing a proposal:
1. We welcome generalized topics related to the conference theme in addition to “hot topics” that would be relevant for TRIO professionals. (See Suggested Areas of Interest below.)
2. We are asking for two types of proposals this year: Concurrent Workshop Sessions (45 minutes in length) and Poster Presentations.
3. Workshop Sessions are scheduled for Thursday, October 15, 2020, and Friday, October 16, 2020.
4. Posters will be displayed throughout the conference and presented on Thursday, October 15, 2020. TRIO Students and staff are invited to participate.
5. Workshop Presenters will need to be able to use the Zoom platform.
6. The Proposal Committee will review all proposals received. Submission of a proposal does not guarantee selection.
7. Don't forget to consider the following criteria: originality, clarity, interest and relevance to the theme and to the larger TRIO climate.
8. Those submitting proposals will be notified of selection by Monday, September 28, 2020.
Suggested Areas of Interest
-new ideas for providing services in virtual, social-distancing, and hybrid environments
-balancing care and costs when developing programming
-creating inclusive environments
-developing cognitive flexibility in times of change
-addressing disparities and discrimination within/across areas (e.g., racial, ethnic, gender, digital, financial, wellness, educational, etc.)
-understanding and communicating feelings about the pandemic
-practicing self-care in extremely surreal, uncertain times
Presenter biography (50 words or less)
Please indicate your preference for presentation type/time. The proposal committee cannot guarantee your choice for Concurrent Workshop Session. (Students who are presenting, please pick Thursday 4:15-5:00)
Thursday 10:15-11:00 a.m. Concurrent Workshop Session
Thursday 12:00-12:45 p.m. Concurrent Workshop Session
Friday 10:15-11:00 a.m. Concurrent Workshop Session
Poster Presentation Session Thursday 4:15-5:00 p.m.
Intended Audience (check all that apply):
Session or Poster Presentation Title
Session or Poster Presentation brief abstract (100 words or less)
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service