We will be accepting applications until: FEBRUARY 1st, 2019
IMPORTANT: After you have filled out and submitted this form, we will take the time to read your answers and get back to you within one week with a confirmation. We may have further questions or concerns to address with you. Note: submitting a filled-out form does not automatically qualify you to come on this trip.
Come to Brampton and embrace a truly multicultural campus this reading week! See how God is at work here, learn more about engaging Hindu’s, Muslims, & Sikhs, share your faith, and meet new friends.
Dates:Monday February 18th - Friday, February 22ndArrive by 5pm on Monday for the first team dinner. You will be free to leave anytime after our celebration dinner on Friday.
Travel:You will arrange your own travel to and from Brampton (carpooling, bus, train, etc). We can meet you when you arrive if you like. We will travel on public transit or carpool to and from campus throughout the week. If you would be planning to bring a car for the week, please indicate that on the form.
Accommodations: You will be staying in homes of P2C staff, and volunteers along with other students on the trip. Bring a sleeping bag or blankets, a pillow, and possibly an air mattress (please let us know if you have one that you can bring).
Food:We will provide some basic breakfast food to get you started, and there will be time for you to go grocery shopping if you would like to. Lunches and some dinners will be eaten out in groups with team members. If you have severe dietary restrictions or allergies, consider bringing some of your own food.
Schedule of the week:In general, early mornings have been set aside for a mix of training, prayer, free time, and transportation. Later mornings and afternoons will be on-campus ministry at the Sheridan Brampton College campus, and evenings will be a time for celebration, dinner, and time for hanging out as a team. There will be enough free time in the schedule for you to rest, do some studying, or just have fun!
Cost:- $50 per person, which you will pay when you arrive. (to cover some food, snacks, potentially transit)You will pay out of your own pocket for lunches on campus, optional team activities, and transportation to and from Brampton.
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE FOLLOWING EXPECTATIONS:
1. Come with a servant heart prepared to trust Jesus, walk in the Spirit, take opportunities to get out of your comfort zone, meet other people, share the Gospel, and grow in your relationship with God.
2. You don't have to be an "expert evangelist" to come on the trip, however we will be doing ministry on campus for several hours each day as a team. We expect you to have desire to grow in sharing your faith, and that you would take steps to grow in this area before, during, and after the trip.
3. Be open to learning about South Asian culture, and religions.
4. Participate and engage in organized group activities to grow in community.
5. Represent well Power to Change and Christ while you are here.
6. Be safe and have fun!