Chestnut TAG Application
Thank you for your interest in Chestnut TAG Middle School. We understand that selecting the right school is a very important decision for you and your family. I am excited that you are considering Chestnut TAG as your middle school.
As the principal of TAG, I am pleased to let you know that TAG is a community where students are surrounded by peers and staff who are committed to creating a supportive and challenging learning environment. At TAG we work together to prepare our students to develop the habits and mindsets to prepare them for advanced placement and college level classes while in high school. The atmosphere at TAG is academically centered and the students are challenged to grow their skills and confidence.
Currently there is rolling admissions to the TAG program and accepted students will fill a limited number of openings. I encourage you and your child to complete and submit this application as soon as possible. I sincerely look forward to meeting you.
Dr. Declan O’Connor
Principal of Chestnut Middle School Talented and Gifted
“Empowering Students for Academic Excellence”
Please follow the instructions within the application:
Review Criteria in Section 1 to ensure your student is eligible to apply and provide the documents listed
Fill in the basic contact information in Section 2
Review the essay prompt in Section 3
SECTION ONE: CRITERIA
Springfield students are eligible to apply to Chestnut TAG if they have:
• Earned Meeting or Exceeding Expectations MCAS assessment
• Maintained attendance of 95% or better in this previous year
• Maintained a C+ or better in ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies in 5th grade
• Have fewer than 4 write ups in their 5th (or previous) grade year. The write ups must only be in the G1 category (general disruptive behavior).
In order for the application to be complete and your child to be considered you must:
• Provide one letter of recommendation from a current teacher or community sponsor
• Complete the short essay in Section 2
• Complete a short Math exam and ELA exam
Parent Email Address
Current School and Grade Level:
Is your student on an IEP or 504? Yes No If yes, please briefly describe:
Provide answers to the above questions here.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service