The Respect and Civility Award
This award recognizes a student who has demonstrated a commitment to pursuing excellence in their academics, professional, and personal life. The student also upholds high ethical standards and conducts his/her self with dignity and respect on campus, in social media, and in the global community. The student holds his/her self, other students, staff, and faculty accountable to support an atmosphere of civility on our campus. The student challenges all to take responsibility of their behaviors, attitudes, and, actions.
Criteria for Respect and Civility Award:
• Individual is currently a full-time student (carrying 6+ hours) and has earned a minimum 2.5 GPA at the University of Memphis
• Individual must display a commitment to maintaining a high level of respect and civility towards self and other students and faculty
The Distinguished Service Award
Thousands of University of Memphis students serve the campus and community each year. Whether through their classes, student organizations, churches, scholarship programs, University-sponsored service days, or on their own, these students dutifully respond to the needs of the Memphis community and beyond, demonstrating true citizenship and character.
In the interest of promoting the civic responsibility, community service, and social action, a special award has been created to recognize a student who has demonstrated a true commitment to community and/or a social or political cause while furthering the University’s mission.
Criteria for individuals nominated for Distinguished Service Award:
• Individual is currently a full-time student (carrying 6+ credit hours) and has earned a minimum 2.5 GPA at The University of Memphis.
• Individual has contributed significant volunteer time and talents to an organization(s) and has demonstrated outstanding commitment to its(their) programs and services while enrolled as a student at The University of Memphis.
• Leadership and involvement with campus activities and/or registered student organization is not required but is looked upon favorably.
• **A one page letter of support from either a University student or staff or faculty member or site supervisor must be submitted on behalf of the individual nominated. Please email the letter to Kay Barkoh, email@example.com**
The Omicron Delta Kappa Outstanding First Year of Involvement Award
This award recognizes a first year student who has been involved in campus or community activities and has maintained a strong academic standing. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required. This student should demonstrate the ability to lead as well as the potential to become a strong student leader at the University of Memphis and in the community.
Criteria for Outstanding First Year of Involvement Award
• Individual currently is a full-time student (carrying 6+ credit hours) and has earned a minimum 3.0 GPA at The University of Memphis.
• Individual must be considered a first year student.
DEADLINE: 4:30 P.M., FRIDAY, MARCH 28, 2014