Open Call: Resonance 2020 Residencies
The Resonance music residency programme is an opportunity for music-makers and composers working in any genre to develop a new performance idea with music at its heart. Resonance 2020 is open to all professional music-makers from BAME backgrounds living across the north of England.
You might be interested in testing an exciting possibility, exploring a great musical idea, in telling a story through music, in collaborating with a filmmaker or visual artist, or something else altogether.
The residency could be your first step towards making the project, or part of a longer process that you are working on.
The programme offers:
· Up to a week of free rehearsal space in Leeds with basic technical support
· A grant of up to £3,500 to cover fees for those involved and other costs
· Support and advice from technicians, producers and other specialists as needed
· An optional ‘work in progress’ performance opportunity for an invited audience
· An optional short film following the work in progress/performance
· Signposting to further opportunities
· Additional financial support is available to cover access needs
The Resonance 2020 programme is developed by Opera North Projects, based in Leeds. Opera North Projects is part of the national opera company for the north of England, but works with musicians across the spectrum of classical and contemporary music.
Opera North Projects produces the programme in the Howard Assembly Room
, a 300-seat venue for an eclectic range of music from Afrobeat and reggae to classical western and Indian music; from blues, folk, jazz and electronic music, to throat singing and live film scores. We hope to reflect this musical diversity in the Resonance 2020 programme.
Resonance 2020 is supported by PRS Foundation’s Talent Development Partner Network.
As a signatory of the Keychange initiative founded by PRS Foundation, we aim to support at least 50% recipients who are women or are from gender minorities.
Up to a week’s residency to take place in March or April 2020. There are four open residency opportunities in total.
· Applicants must be from a BAME background and live in the north of England
· Applicants must be professional composers, musicians or music-makers
· All applicants must be 18 years old or over at the time of application
· Lead artists who have been recipients of Resonance residencies previously are not eligible for further support in 2020.
· Please fill in the short form below and submit it by 10am on Monday 14th October 2019. If you have any queries or would like to discuss making an application, please feel free to email us:
· Please let us know if you have any access needs and what we could do to support them.
· Once you have submitted your form, it will still be available for you to edit up until the deadline. If you select 'submit' there will be an 'edit answers' option in your confirmation message.
· We will let everyone know whether they have been successful within two weeks of the deadline.
· Shortlisted artists will be asked for an informal meeting to discuss their project.
Please provide 2 links to relevant videos of your work
Please tell us about your background as a composer/music maker (max 100 words)
Please describe the project you would like to develop and why (up to 500 words)
Please tell us about the other artists you would like to work on with this project:
How did you hear about this opportunity?
We would like to keep your details on record to circulate occasional opportunities for other funding/residencies. Please indicate if you would be happy for us to do so
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service