Do you think you and your enterprise have what it takes to be part of an Impact Academy Accelerator ?
Whether you're at concept stage holding that great idea, moments away from launching your product in market, a start-up looking for enterprise-scale guidance, or an experienced venture looking to embed purpose at the core of your business, our accelerator program will match your needs. We strive to create the best Social Enterprise organisations coming out of our Impact Accelerator - globally relevant, revenue generating, built to scale, and with tangible impact models that are integral to the way your business is oriented.
Candidates applying to the Impact Accelerator should be open and receptive to mentoring and coaching, and be ready to work through milestones with accountability.
Here’s how it works:
1) Complete and submit the application form. 2) We will review all applicants and contact those selected to complete an initial pitch presentation. Selected enterprises will be given 20 mins to provide an insight into their business and its social impact. 3) Beyond the pitch, we may seek individual meetings with enterprises to further clarify direction and strategy. This will be conducted in person or over the phone. 4) Successful applicants are notified on the basis that we believe the accelerator program and Impact Academy community is the best fit for your enterprise.
The eligibility criteria applied to the Impact Accelerator program intake is:
1. Be either a for-profit or NFP company, that is focused on delivering positive social outcomes as an integral part of your business strategy and model.
2. Demonstrate that your enterprise model is commercially viable and will have the capacity to sustain into the future through trade
3. Be able to clearly articulate the intended growth strategy and path to scalability both in terms of economics and social outcomes.
4. Be a solo founder, joint co-founders, or a team that is dedicated to pursuing the Social Enterprise venture, will be strongly committed to the Impact Accelerator program, and will proactively engage in the strong and growing Impact Academy alumni (currently 61 amazing social enterprises).
5. Have a social innovation underpinned by a creative product, solution, or service that is in development, or an understanding of what is required for development. We love to see MVP’s, get an idea of your intellectual property or research, or your creative business models and impact models.
6. Completion of the online Application Form in full.
7. Ability to attend an interview and pitch (in person or via video conference) with the Impact Academy team, a panel of trusted industry experts, and a select group of Impact Academy alumni.
8. Ability to pay the Impact Accelerator Programme fee, which is AUD $1,500.
A note on fees: unlike most accelerator models, we don't always take an equity position in the Social Enterprises coming through our programme, so the token fee is being introduced from 2017 and applied equitably across the board in order to help offset the ancillary costs of running the twenty week program.
More specifically, we've found during our research and collaboration with industry peers, that a small fee ensures a higher level of commitment from our social entrepreneurs, and a subsequent increase in the quality and magnitude of success.
If you're interested in participating in the region's leading Social Enterprise Accelerator program, please use this form to tell us a little about yourself, your Social Enterprise, and why you believe that you and your venture would be a strong candidate for the Impact Accelerator.
Complete the Impact Accelerator Programme Form below now
Applications close: 11.59pm Sunday 30th July 2017