Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Northeastern University Summer STEM Program! This application will take 60-90 minutes to complete, and cannot be saved or restarted at a later date.
1. Approximately 30 students will be accepted to the program.
2. Priority is given to those students who have limited opportunities for other similar programs and live within a commuting distance of Northeastern University (MA only!).
3. Students must be rising 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students.
4. Final program cost is $500 ($250 per week). A limited number of full scholarships will be offered to students eligible for free or reduced lunch (indicated in your program application). No additional scholarship application/documentation is required.
5. Must NOT have previously completed the program you are applying for. In other words, you cannot participate in this program twice.
6. To confirm your spot in the program if you are accepted, there will be a deposit of $250, half of the program fee due May 13th. This will be subtracted from final program cost, which will be due by June 10th, 2019.
7. Program dates: July 8-19, 2019. Absences will not be allowed unless in a documented emergency.
8. Along with this online application, a written portion must be mailed in. You can download the form on our website or this web address https://stem.northeastern.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/NUSSP-Essay-Form.docxThis must be completed by the student, signed by a current teacher, and mailed to the Center for STEM by March 15th, 2019 at:
Center for STEM EducationAttn: NUSSP153 Snell EngineeringNortheastern University360 Huntington AveBoston, MA 02115
9. Program communications will come from NUstemed@gmail.com. It is crucial that you add NUstemed@gmail.com to your e-mail contacts, to ensure that you receive all notifications regarding application materials and decisions.
YOU CANNOT SAVE/CONTINUE THE APPLICATION LATER.
Please make sure to hit "Submit" once completed in order for the application to be fully processed.
For specific questions please e-mail NUstemed@gmail.com or Program Director Claire Duggan at email@example.com.
All communications will be sent electronically. Please list below the preferred email address for all correspondence.