Song of Ice and Fire
Name (Last, First)
Use the TEDEd Video (Why Wild Fires are Necessary) and the Nature.Com article: The Ecology of Fire (
) to answer the following series of questions.
TEDEd - Why Wild Fires are Necessary
1. Explain three reasons why fires are important for the maintenance of healthy ecosystems
2. Explain two of the negative effects fires can have for ecosystems
3. What effect have humans had on the scale and frequency of wildfires? What are the positives and negatives of their effect?
Read the two articles by the Utah Geological Society ("Ice Ages - What are they and what causes them?
and Utah's Pleistocene Fossils: Keys for assessing climate and environmental change
and answer the following series of questions below.
4. What is an Ice age and what causes it to occur?
5. What effect does the pattern of glacial growth and retreat have on the speciation of the planet? How do fossils act as records for this?
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service