New International Student Orientation (ISO) - Volunteer Interest Form - Winter 2020
Please fill out this form if you are interested in becoming an International Student Orientation Volunteer. For questions, please contact Ivy Snyder at
Volunteer training is mandatory once a year. If you are a new volunteer or did not go through Fall 2019 Volunteer Training Day, you must attend a half-day long training. The training day will take place on December 20th, 2019, from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Returning volunteers are welcome but not mandatory. The training will focus on volunteering roles and responsibilities for Orientation Week. Coffee will be provided at the training.
Volunteer Training Day
- Demcember 20, 2019 - 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM - ILLC 350/352
- Sunday, December 29th~ Tuesday, December 31st, 2019, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday, January 2nd~Friday, January 3rd, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, January 4th, 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Committing to volunteering does NOT mean you need to work at all shifts of the Orientation Week. Once you have completed the volunteer training, you will be able to sign up for as many volunteer shifts as you desire. Each shift range from 1 hour to 2 hours. This means that you will be able to choose volunteer shifts that fit your schedule. Please keep reading to learn more about what volunteers are and are not.
Volunteers Are -
- Friendly greeters
- Outgoing and helpful
- Respectful and kind
- Representatives of Corvallis and OSU and should try their best to answer simple questions about living in the area
- Expected to come to the volunteer shifts they signed up for
- Encouraged to have fun and get to know our new students!
Volunteers Are NOT -
- Required to attend Orientation in its entirety (instead, sign up for shifts that fit your schedule)
- Subject matter experts on immigration or other Orientation topics, they should refer students to University staff who are experts
- Expected to help students in crisis, they should refer to University staff or other authorities as needed
- Allowed to handle Student data/information and should help protect student data by working appropriately with university staff
The information provided here will NOT be shared with any other department and/or staff besides INTO OSU Student Services team.
First and last Name
Preferred name (for communication purposes)
I am a/an:
Choose from the drop down menu
INTO OSU or OSU Faculty/Staff
Major (degree) or Occupation
Why would you like to be an International Student Orientation (ISO) Volunteer?
To be an ISO volunteer, we ask that you agree to the following statements:
I will attend events that I sign up for on time
I will treat other volunteers, students, and staff with respect
I will follow rules that have been communicated to me in training
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Oregon State University.