All registering artists should complete sections 1a (ARTISTS DETAILS), 1b (EXHIBITIONS) and 3 (FEES). Only Lead artists should complete section 2 (VENUE DETAILS).
INSPIRE: Culture, Learning & Libraries will be working with a professional photographer to capture images of Open Studios artists & craftspeople at work in their studios & work spaces. The resulting photographs, alongside event information, will form exhibitions in BEESTON, RETFORD and MANSFIELD Library Galleries during the 2019 Open Studios Notts event. PLEASE NOTE: Due to limited space, artists expressing interest in this opportunity will go through a selection process.
TO EXPRESS INTEREST please complete the sections below and send us AN IMAGE - one high res jpeg of your work space. NOTE - this image will be used for selection purposes - it won't be used in the exhibition. Successful applicants will be notified by Mon 21 Jan 2019 and the final jpegs taken for the exhibition will be available to use for future purposes by those artists as well as by OSNotts.
In addition, when the payment is made, please email confirmation of that payment to email@example.com and copy to your area contact (see below).
PLEASE NOTE: It may be possible to accept late applications - but an additional fee of £10 will be due from those artists.
• Format - as a jpeg, at least 1000 PIXELS to shortest side.• PLEASE SEND YOUR IMAGE(S) AS AN EMAIL ATTACHMENT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE ALSO:• IMAGES MUST BE OF THE ARTISTS OWN WORK and you must have copyright of the image & the artwork in it and you must acknowledge that your submission of the image here will give OSNotts permission to reproduce the image in its printed publicity material and to use it (in reduced form) in its online presence (ie website & social media) in promoting the events.• If you have taken part in previous years, please send us a NEW image - it helps to keep it all looking fresh!• We want to be sure your image is reproduced the RIGHT WAY UP! Particularly with abstract work, please include a note confirming this (eg with a reduced version of the image and an arrow on it).• Please bear in mind that the brochure has limited space and is designed to promote events in what we hope is an attractive way to potential visitors and is not intended as a catalogue of artwork - so that MOST IMAGES WILL BE CROPPED in some way in the design process. Submitting images of your artwork in a 1x1 or 1x2 or 2x1 ratio may reduce the need for cropping - if you are particularly concerned about this please include a note with the image.
2) ‘Open Studios Notts’ is simply an umbrella ‘brand’ set up by a steering committee made up of volunteers to provide publicity for events run by artists and makers in the county – those EVENTS & ANY LIABILITY REMAIN ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ARTISTS/MAKERS running them.
3) For events to succeed, artists/makers MUST OPEN AT DATES AND TIMES STATED by them on this form. Failure to do so will preclude artists from taking part in future events under the Open Studios Notts banner.
4) Central PUBLICITY through web and print media can only provide a broad promotion of the events taking place. For individual events/artists, success in getting visitors depends as much on the actions you take to attract those visitors - and it is strongly suggested that you consider how you might further achieve this through your own advertising, leafleting, personal invitations, etc.
5) IMPORTANT - By dating and returning the completed form you confirm that you will open your studio at the dates and times you have stated above, that you are happy for the information provided to be used in publicity material for Open Studios Notts 2019, that you agree to OSNotts using your images in printed publicity material and online, that you agree to sharing your contact details with other participants of Open Studios Notts and that you agree to all the conditions stated here.
1. PLEASE FORWARD YOUR SUBMISSION EMAIL + IMAGE(S) & CONFIRMATION OF FEE PAYMENT to: email@example.com
2. FINALLY - ONCE YOU HAVE SENT YOUR IMAGES & PAID THE FEE, PLEASE UPDATE THE FORM TO SAY SO.
Any queries please contact:
Michael Trueman, OSNotts co-ordinator, Nov 2018High Farm, 20 Main Street, Upton, Newark, Notts NG23 5STe: firstname.lastname@example.org: 01636 812279