Request for free legal advice - Immigration
This is a form for residents of Wellington and Hutt Valley to request immigration legal advice from Wellington and Hutt Valley Community Law. Filling it in does not guarantee a call back - we are working with limited resources.

We give initial advice only - we can usually only provide you with initial legal help and advice. Our lawyers won't be able to do ongoing work for you (as your lawyer) such as writing letters, negotiating for you, or going to court. If you need ongoing or specialist legal help, we can refer you on to a private lawyer. You may have to pay for the lawyer's advice, or you may qualify for legal aid. We'll give you more information about this if we refer you to other lawyers.

We can not advise landlords, employers, business or people in dispute with community groups. We don't prepare or witness wills, powers of attorney or relationship property agreements, we don't give advice about land or property transactions or about administering estates.

We'll keep all your personal information confidential, and we'll only use it to help you resolve your issue and for quality assurance and insurance purposes. We may also use your information for our third-party funders statistical purposes, but never in a way where you will be personally identifiable.
What is your full name? *
If you have a preferred name which differs from your full name, please include this in brackets
Your answer
What is your address? *
Your answer
What is your date of birth? *
What is your gender? *
Optional - please state your pronouns as well e.g. she/her or he/him.
Your answer
What is your phone number? *
We can not call you back if you do not provide us with a valid phone number
Your answer
What is your email address?
Your answer
Can we email you for feedback?
What is your ethnicity?
If you are Māori, what is your iwi/hapū?
Your answer
If you need an interpreter, what language do you speak? *
What is your employment status? *
Please tell us if any of these apply to you *
Have you used Community Law before?
How did you hear about us?
Your answer
Please tell us what you need help with. We do not provide advice on the Skilled Migrant visa category *
Tell us a bit about your issue *
If you have documents for the lawyer, please email these to
Your answer
If anyone else is involved in your issue, please list their full names or the businesses. *
For example your employer, an organisation, neighbor or ex-partner. Please give their full name.
Your answer
Family/Domestic violence or other safety concerns
If you have any safety concerns please let us know when we should call you or any alternative ways it is safe to contact you. Please be as specific as you need.
Your answer
I have read the description at the beginning of this form, and I understand that this advice service is provided to residents of Wellington or the Hutt Valley, New Zealand (N.B: During the COVID-19 outbreak, we endeavor to advise people outside this area provided that we can meet demand within our capacity and resources. Urgent queries from people directly affected by the COVID-19 Alert level lockdown will be prioritised.) *
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy